Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been a few posts about this, general consensus is you will get less $ trading it in with tesla, but it is heaps easier and convienient as you literally drive your car there and drive away in the new one. I guess it might also depend on any finance owing etc. Not sure how that works or if it delays things.

Im just going to keep my current car, its only a couple of years old, give it to the kids as a nice safe new car.
Ill just get a lift on delivery day, or just start running towards the airport when i get notified... hahaha
Haha, "run Forest, run!"

I'm selling my car privately, and it's hard to get the timing right between selling it (the cash which I'm using for the final payment on the Tesla), plus weekend commitments, travel for work, etc. I went with Carsales Instant Offer, which is mid-way between what I thought I'd get for a private sale and what Tesla offered me. I think the ease of driving in with the old and driving out with the new is big though.

Reactions: dronus
I just spoke to my NL pre-delivery team. They seem to think that things are likely moving along due to the updates above. Spoke with the SA and they said they will also et me know when they hear anything.
I work with NL companies and they aim to keep you happy. They probably have no idea about how long it will be. I do know how you feel, I first ordered a LR in May then dumped that order in August for a M3P and now likely to get it in the next 2-3 weeks.

So you are gonna hate me more, take a look at the s3xy buttons and let me know how many you order 😂

OMG. I’m thinking 5.

Maybe I need 6? Might need to sleep on this one… That’s so good!! I think the gear shifting might be easier with these…

I’ve got some boot mat combo in my cart at tessories, and a rubber cup holder insert, and mud flaps, and a bag hook for the boot, and jack lifting pucks.
Not sure if any of that will still fit in the highland model, I’ve sent them a messsge to see if they know, maybe like how mobile phone covers get made they might know?
I got a type 2 cable and back seat protector from them already and it all looks legit. The other rubber car mats I got from somewhere else for the cabin

OMG. I’m thinking 5.

Maybe I need 6? Might need to sleep on this one… That’s so good!! I think the gear shifting might be easier with these…

I’ve got some boot mat combo in my cart at tessories, and a rubber cup holder insert, and mud flaps, and a bag hook for the boot, and jack lifting pucks.
Not sure if any of that will still fit in the highland model, I’ve sent them a messsge to see if they know, maybe like how mobile phone covers get made they might know?
I got a type 2 cable and back seat protector from them already and it all looks legit. The other rubber car mats I got from somewhere else for the cabin
Just go the max and get 8 buttons and the dial 😂

I like the phone charger holder you install above the steering column, it charges and you use the s3xy app so you get a heads up display.

The S3XY knob looks interesting...the name of it, not so much. "Hey, everyone! Come and look at my S3XY knob in my car! Everyone, gather around while I play with my S3XY knob. Would you like to play with and twist my S3XY knob?"
Haha they look pretty good, I think it’s a worthwhile item for anyone still on the fence about not having a physical gear selector or 3 point turns etc.
I need to look into whether it will work on highland, might drop them a message.

Haha they look pretty good, I think it’s a worthwhile item for anyone still on the fence about not having a physical gear selector or 3 point turns etc.
I need to look into whether it will work on highland, might drop them a message.
I don't think they offer 'gear selection' on the buttons or knob (may not be easily accessible on CAN-BUS). Web site has a long list of all the features that can be coded...

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryLitig8r