Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah they do deal with you directly but your NL will also be advised, probably due to a couple of things:
When you place the order and give the NL your RN they raise a purchase order when your finance is approved. I got a copy of this when they did it.
When you enter the rego and finance details into the Tesla app you nominate the financial details, and I think I put my NL name in there too when they ask if it is a lease.
Interesting the NL got a notification and not the customer tho. My EDD is still TBC ie no date range but I’m one of those oddballs that got converted from 2023 to 2024 so I had an older order in.
Let’s hope for December!
Makes sense, I do recall adding the NL details when I ordered, then forwarded the Order Agreement to NL, my pre-approval was also a 'green light' before ordering .

Mine still shows Jan-Mar but god damn it bring on December if this is actually going happen !!

Reactions: Tessla88 and dronus
What do you guys think of the new headlight design? still trying to decide if the slimmer light is better than the older design. I think generally the interior and noise reductions of the new model is worth it though.

I have a converted order for a RWD I placed on the 16/8, currently EDD is TBD

Reactions: dronus
What do you guys think of the new headlight design? still trying to decide if the slimmer light is better than the older design. I think generally the interior and noise reductions of the new model is worth it though.

I have a converted order for a RWD I placed on the 16/8, currently EDD is TBD
I think they both look really good!
Yeah there are a few things about the new model that has kept me waiting including the ventilated seats and interior updates. I prefer the new dash and interior too. Stalks would be nice but it’s not a show stopper (I can accept change more easily than some haha)
What colour did you order?

Are you doing both? Any idea on what it costs?
I’ll try and find out tomorrow although your NL consultant should be able to get a quote too.
My NL use some company down near Regency Park. When I had my current car done I had to take it back twice, once was because the window tint wasn’t done correctly and also because they didn’t clip the door cards back on correctly and it had a rattle

Is it just me or have they also put a better resolution picture in the app?

IMG_6555.jpeg

Reactions: FilthyCyberRat
Anyone know how many times I can change my mind on the colour and interior seating with my highland order?
Surely there comes a time that their stop allowing changes?
Or do they just put you back in the queue with the new choice?
I think up until VIN you may get away with this, I changed my interior from white to black (what was I thinking) and I don’t think it impacted delivery

Reactions: FilthyCyberRat
I think up until VIN you may get away with this, I changed my interior from white to black (what was I thinking) and I don’t think it impacted delivery
I’m just paranoid I would change it to a combination that doesn’t get made because the order wasn’t booked or they didn’t make enough or something. And then I’d have to get my NL all updated etc.
I’ve seen a few folks in the model y thread who have changed orders have their car put on the next ship. Might just be coincidence?
They are getting plenty of notice with mine haha, one of the thousands they make.. a plain white rwd with black interior would be pretty confident, but I guess fleets and rentals would have a few of them in order..
Maybe I think too much… haha

Reactions: Cocoboy
Nearly time to sweep the driveway, start taking bookings for friends joy rides, re-watch the tesla videos, practice giving the finger to the petrol servos as you drive past, etc etc etc
Haha you have summed up exactly what I have been doing, garage cleared out so tesla can sit near the charger, I have been madly watching some videos and touching up on the handover lists and I filled up the old gas guzzler today and thought this will become a much less frequent event!

Reactions: dronus
Haha you have summed up exactly what I have been doing, garage cleared out so tesla can sit near the charger, I have been madly watching some videos and touching up on the handover lists and I filled up the old gas guzzler today and thought this will become a much less frequent event!
when you settle on a handover check list would you mind sharing it? I have a feeling yours might be a good one!

Reactions: MBau and Cocoboy