Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN checker has been updated on Github. You will need a Raspberry Pi 3 or newer to make it work, but it is a super easy install. Feedback appreciated as it is a work in progress and I may expand it to other platforms in the future.

Reactions: ruste
I had an interesting discussion with my SA this morning.
So I've got my VIN on 9/2 (OD 9/12/21), and when checking up the possible delivery date he said, "I'll wake the car up and check where it is"
And it is still in Shanghai, delivery around the end of March

This would suggest there is more boats coming this quarter.

FYI Tesla sales have been very helpful to me, I changed out of novated leasing without trouble, or without loosing my VIN. They have been quite easy to get in contact with.

So I've got my VIN on 9/2 (OD 9/12/21), and when checking up the possible delivery date he said, "I'll wake the car up and check where it is"

FYI Tesla sales have been very helpful to me, I changed out of novated leasing without trouble, or without loosing my VIN. They have been quite easy to get in contact with.
Do you have an Estimated Delivery Date is your app at all?

Scratch my last question. To be fair the car will show as being in Shanghai until it arrives in Australia.
It has no way of communicating its position in the middle of the ocean.

Reactions: DAL333 and kalamata
My VIN checker has been updated on Github. You will need a Raspberry Pi 3 or newer to make it work, but it is a super easy install. Feedback appreciated as it is a work in progress and I may expand it to other platforms in the future.

👍

So, I haven't heard anything from an SA yet. I ordered back on 6-Feb (essentially 2weeks ago) but I haven't had a call from anyone. I assume they're busy and maybe I should just cool my jets?
Definitely cool the jets. They are 100% being overwhelmed with this Q1s car that are midway being delivered and the outrage from LR customers who ordered back in Nov and are now being told there is another 3 month wait. That being said you still deserve a follow up if you email them but maybe just give them a little bit to reply.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but when I access the link to view the VIN https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/teslaaccount/ownership?rn=RNXXXXXXXXX, it's changed.

A couple of weeks ago that link took me to what appears to be the owners page, with a space where the VIN would go (it was blank) along with my documents listed (no invoice obviously) and some messages about using the app.

Now when I click the same link I just get taken to a generic dashboard page - https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount.

This happened to anyone else?

Maybe they got sick of me hitting F5 every 10 minutes.
Same here, I guess they closed the “Ownership” page loophole.