Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I being daft by thinking it is just included? i.e. it is on a lease so in their own interest to have paint protection and tinted windows to protect the value of the car should they end up with it coming back? I should have really checked with them on this.
it definitely costs extra but I can't remember the total about. All I know is the cost will be part of the monthly payments, and all of it will be pre-tax.

I think that’s the guys that did my current NL in Adelaide. The end result was good but I did have to take it back a few times because the tint didn’t go to the top of the window and also something must have broken when they took the door trim off because it had a rattle after I picked it up.
They did fix both issues pretty quickly.
They send you a car washing kit too and a first aid kit from memory.
Why would they take the door trim out, if it's a frameless window?

Am I being daft by thinking it is just included? i.e. it is on a lease so in their own interest to have paint protection and tinted windows to protect the value of the car should they end up with it coming back? I should have really checked with them on this.
Depending who your NL is thru. Once mine was all approved etc someone from another add-on sales department called me and if i wanted Ceramic coating, window tinting, carpet protection and scratch insurance repair.

it definitely costs extra but I can't remember the total about. All I know is the cost will be part of the monthly payments, and all of it will be pre-tax.
Cost is over $2k, it’s pre-tax but they build it into the finance so it impacts your residual.

Personally I would arrange my own as you get a better result, plus with Tesla you still have to do it post delivery rather than pre-delivery.

Cost is over $2k, it’s pre-tax but they build it into the finance so it impacts your residual.

Personally I would arrange my own as you get a better result, plus with Tesla you still have to do it post delivery rather than pre-delivery.
This is the result with ceramic coating plus it’s easy to wash and clean…

Attachments

• IMG_9071.jpeg
    IMG_9071.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Love
Reactions: PcS000 and dronus

I think mine started to get less effective after a couple of years, not sure how long its meant to last.
I seem to go thru this cycle when getting a new NL car, start off wiping every spec of dust off it every day and then by the end of the lease im rally driving it down dirt roads. I still care for it, wash it regularly and am OCD about servicing. Having a dark car doesn't help with dust, i remember it used to just fall off but now its like a magnet.
You would think i would have learnt my lesson and ordered a lighter color, but oh no, the Stealth Grey looked too good ha ha.,

• Funny
Reactions: AngryLitig8r
It’s great as I can run Waze and it’s already paid for itself. 😀

Only negative is it blocks the airflow to your face if you like that - I don’t mind it some people would.
Yeah after @Jules22 mentioned the airflow thing too id probably have to give it a miss.. Might have to get something like this...

Or try and find one with wireless charging..

I guess you could just put phone on the built in wireless charger but would be hard to see.. I wonder if alerts can go to apple watch if it sees the fuzz, might have to look into that.

Does the default Tesla mapping built in have any "road hazard warnings"? Or can it run google maps?

+1 good point. I might start off with one of those 'back of the screen' mounts as well, maybe even a MagSafe type.

Re. road hazards, there should be built in warning chimes if you exceed speed limits (because it reads the signs) but I'm not aware of it using community-shared mobile speed traps or fixed speed traps etc. like Waze.

Reactions: dronus
I googled those screens, and not sure which one you have, I saw one that can replicate the steering wheel controls on the screen - one example i saw had the gear selector buttons on it. Made me wonder whether that means future updates would bring the ability to have indicator buttons on it too? Though my head can't quite work out whether that would be an improvement or not.

Yeah after @Jules22 mentioned the airflow thing too id probably have to give it a miss.. Might have to get something like this...

Or try and find one with wireless charging..

I guess you could just put phone on the built in wireless charger but would be hard to see.. I wonder if alerts can go to apple watch if it sees the fuzz, might have to look into that.

Does the default Tesla mapping built in have any "road hazard warnings"? Or can it run google maps?
This mount works for me. I run Waze. Tesla uses google maps but only shows you traffic not specific hazards. It’s MagSafe compatible but their own cases have better magnets which hold your phone more securely. Bottom right hand corner of the phone gets blocked slightly but not much and never been an issue for me. I just shifted it from my model 3 my new Model Y.

Reactions: dronus
This mount works for me. I run Waze. Tesla uses google maps but only shows you traffic not specific hazards. It’s MagSafe compatible but their own cases have better magnets which hold your phone more securely. Bottom right hand corner of the phone gets blocked slightly but not much and never been an issue for me. I just shifted it from my model 3 my new Model Y.

Ohh cool thanks that does look good.
My only concern would be that if it covers part of the screen on my highland I might not be able to change gears hahaha

Attachments

• IMG_6788.jpeg
    IMG_6788.jpeg
    646.6 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: edy80y
I will try going without a mount I the beginning.

Assuming I can run Waze while the phone is laying on the charging pad, without CarPlay, I expect it to shout at me when there is a speed trap.

I will test it out on the '93 Corolla tomorrow, surprisingly it doesn't have CarPlay :)
The problem I have found and hoping someone may have a solution is that you have to connect via Bluetooth for waze to be audible on the car but then if you choose some different music on Spotify or a radio station it switches off Bluetooth and you lose the waze alerts.

The problem I have found and hoping someone may have a solution is that you have to connect via Bluetooth for waze to be audible on the car but then if you choose some different music on Spotify or a radio station it switches off Bluetooth and you lose the waze alerts.
I’ve been thinking about this a bit too much lately too.
I think the Tesla has Apple Music so if I use the connectivity thing I could use that, but

If I connect via Bluetooth I can use Siri to play music etc, and I dunno if Waze would still work.

Would be heaps good if the car had CarPlay and android auto, or if there was a plugin thing. I guess that’s why people use those huds..I wonder if you can get just the connectivity without the display?

I’ve been thinking about this a bit too much lately too.
I think the Tesla has Apple Music so if I use the connectivity thing I could use that, but

If I connect via Bluetooth I can use Siri to play music etc, and I dunno if Waze would still work.

Would be heaps good if the car had CarPlay and android auto, or if there was a plugin thing. I guess that’s why people use those huds..I wonder if you can get just the connectivity without the display?
There’s probably another thread somewhere for that

There’s probably another thread somewhere for that

I will try going without a mount I the beginning.

Assuming I can run Waze while the phone is laying on the charging pad, without CarPlay, I expect it to shout at me when there is a speed trap.

I will test it out on the '93 Corolla tomorrow, surprisingly it doesn't have CarPlay :)
Post in thread 'Using Waze On Tesla Model Y'
Using Waze On Tesla Model Y

Promising….