Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone with "repairer" access to the Tesla database did a VIN lookup of one of the media cars - t
I have watched so many "The first X things to do when you get your new Tesla" videos on youtube where the person Yaps on for ages with their screen on showing the car details and maps location as its sitting in their driveway hahaha. Not that i care, but its impossible to not look for it after you see it the first time...

Reactions: Cocoboy
I’m just waiting for all the Tesla accessories sites and Amazon to update their listings to show 2024 highland compatibility … ugh-mergh-gherd
Same here!! 😆
I’m trying to pull together a list of things I want to pick up, but I’ve seen nothing that’s confirmed to work with the new car.

I did watch a video earlier of an iPhone app that makes your phone act as a mini HUD via a MagSafe holder. But again steering wheel is different, so might not work.

Reactions: dronus
Same here!! 😆
I’m trying to pull together a list of things I want to pick up, but I’ve seen nothing that’s confirmed to work with the new car.

I did watch a video earlier of an iPhone app that makes your phone act as a mini HUD via a MagSafe holder. But again steering wheel is different, so might not work.
Yeah I checked the German and Norwegian Tesla stores yesterday but they still don't have Highland compatible accessories listed. The main thing I'm after is a roof shade. Might also look to grab that MagSafe holder - is that a S3XY buttons product?

Hey so @Jules22 being that you have just done, or are currently still doing this...
I might have to travel up to the Albury/Wodonga area in a few weeks so im thinking about instead of driving all that way from Adelaide - Fly to Melbourne and then hire a car to drive up there for the week. Might be a good opportunity to take a model 3 for a spin.
Anything i should watch out for? Good companies to hire from? Do i just add the hire car to my app to pay for Supercharging etc? How does that work?

Reactions: Jules22
Hey so @Jules22 being that you have just done, or are currently still doing this...
I might have to travel up to the Albury/Wodonga area in a few weeks so im thinking about instead of driving all that way from Adelaide - Fly to Melbourne and then hire a car to drive up there for the week. Might be a good opportunity to take a model 3 for a spin.
Anything i should watch out for? Good companies to hire from? Do i just add the hire car to my app to pay for Supercharging etc? How does that work?
Can highly recommend Evee if they have any cars in your area. They are private hosts who rent their cars through the service.

They give you full access to the car in the app. In my case super charging was included but not all will and some may have a limit on daily km's. You can check on all that in the app.

I'm doing the drive back to Canberra tomorrow. Definitely can recommend the experience. I did look at the established car hire companies but they don't give you access via the app and not all of them will guarantee a specific type of vehicle.

Yeah I checked the German and Norwegian Tesla stores yesterday but they still don't have Highland compatible accessories listed. The main thing I'm after is a roof shade. Might also look to grab that MagSafe holder - is that a S3XY buttons product?
I’d not heard of/seen it before.

I’ve also got my eye on getting windows tinted a little, ceramic treatment, the S3XY stalk (maybe) and the various cables I’ll need.

Reactions: PcS000
Can highly recommend Evee if they have any cars in your area. They are private hosts who rent their cars through the service.

They give you full access to the car in the app. In my case super charging was included but not all will and some may have a limit on daily km's. You can check on all that in the app.

I'm doing the drive back to Canberra tomorrow. Definitely can recommend the experience. I did look at the established car hire companies but they don't give you access via the app and not all of them will guarantee a specific type of vehicle.
Cool bananas. Thanks I’ll look them up. I think sixt do ev’s the only one I can see is atto3. It’s a few hours drive from Melbourne to the border but would be a good shakedown, I’ll sus it out :)

I’ll be in Canberra end of next month for a week too but I think I’m not getting a car just using cab charges as I don’t think I have far to go from the hotel.

lol yeah I’d have dents in all the plastic trim from using kitchen utensils trying to get the panels off. Or some new rattle, or electrical fire in the footwell
Honestly just wish the M3 came with a HUD. Even if it only showed speed and nothing else. I reckon I'll be fine without stalks, but the lack of a central speedo is a bit sh*t. Having said that I love the clear line of sight you get because you don't have dials in front of you. Feels like a go kart.

Honestly just wish the M3 came with a HUD. Even if it only showed speed and nothing else. I reckon I'll be fine without stalks, but the lack of a central speedo is a bit sh*t. Having said that I love the clear line of sight you get because you don't have dials in front of you. Feels like a go kart.
There are some cool ones for the stalked steering column that are all built in but I’m a bit wary of plugging stuff into stuff that is from some dodgey place that could set fire to the car.
Even a usb port near the screen so you can use one of those fold out MagSafe things and then you could just use Waze.
That might work

I thought I'd want them too, especially as my current car has the projected HUD on the windscreen.

Having driven a model 3 for the past week that has the HUD though I now know I won't be getting one.

From the second I got in, I just found it more natural to look at the speed and everything else on the main screen. It's already in a good position so the HUD didn't add anything and just blocks the vents.

If it was my car I would have ripped it out within a few hours. I'd definitely recommend waiting and see how you go with the stock car before buying one.

I worry I'd never get the door trim back on properly after installing the little puck thing
I put in a different display - it is actually easy and takes about 30 mins. It was the first thing I did once I got the car home. Wife was dubious but it was all good.

Just use a pry tool and it’s fine - the CPU slot and power are right there on the driver RHS footwell. Just need to make sure it’s the AMD CPU and not intel for the newer cars (I assume highland will be the same as the last first gen 3s).

I just wanted CarPlay in mine.

Reactions: Jules22