Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes the batteries are the same as the pre-Highland Model 3 and Model Y

Someone with "repairer" access to the Tesla database did a VIN lookup of one of the media cars - the LR that was featured on the Fully Charged Show.
It shows the same LG battery pack and same drive units as before.
BT43 BATTERY E3 M50F LG Battery Pack
FD01 FRONT DRIVE UNIT Low Current IGBT IM130 Drive Unit, CN
RD05 REAR DRIVE UNIT Low Current MOSFET PM228 Drive Unit
Whats more interesting in here, HW4! :0
Was under the impression it was HW3.5...

Reactions: MBau
I’m seeing a few reports of the ambient led lighting on the dash causing a reflection on the windscreen. Sounds like the actual physical hardware causing it.
Wonder how quick they can fix that if it’s something that needs addressing

just FYI while we are waiting, I noticed the S3XY knob early discount finishes in about a week and mentions highland in the order form.
IMG_6771.jpeg

Reactions: PcS000
Hi, first post here, hello to everyone!

I have a 3 on order in ultra red, seems my lease includes ceramic paint protection and tinting and MotorOne have been in touch to get the ball rolling for when the car arrives. A someone who has never had paint protection before, is this wise? The ultra red looks so beautiful as it is, is there any danger that the coating makes it look worse? Interested in any thoughts you have. Cheers

Reactions: dronus and edy80y

I have a 3 on order in ultra red, seems my lease includes ceramic paint protection and tinting and MotorOne have been in touch to get the ball rolling for when the car arrives. A someone who has never had paint protection before, is this wise? The ultra red looks so beautiful as it is, is there any danger that the coating makes it look worse? Interested in any thoughts you have. Cheers
Doing the exact same but with Black. Same mob also doing the ceramic coating and tints. No issues as far as I’m aware.

I’m seeing a few reports of the ambient led lighting on the dash causing a reflection on the windscreen. Sounds like the actual physical hardware causing it.

I saw one reviewer on Youtube who mentioned it, but can't remember anyone else. I saw a forum post of a guy in Germany who has picked his up, the translation seemed okay, and someone asked if he could see it and he replied no. To be honest I would kind of expect to see it sometimes, especially at night, not sure how you can get away from it really, apart from turning it off.

I think that’s the guys that did my current NL in Adelaide. The end result was good but I did have to take it back a few times because the tint didn’t go to the top of the window and also something must have broken when they took the door trim off because it had a rattle after I picked it up.
They did fix both issues pretty quickly.
They send you a car washing kit too and a first aid kit from memory.

I saw one reviewer on Youtube who mentioned it, but can't remember anyone else. I saw a forum post of a guy in Germany who has picked his up, the translation seemed okay, and someone asked if he could see it and he replied no. To be honest I would kind of expect to see it sometimes, especially at night, not sure how you can get away from it really, apart from turning it off.
Yeah I think they were talking about during the day, a reflection from the strip.
Time will tell I guess.

Maybe they can program the LEDs to show you a heads up speedo.
But yes, hopefully there is an at least off mode.

Doing the exact same but with Black. Same mob also doing the ceramic coating and tints. No issues as far as I’m aware.
Thanks.

Any idea of the cost of tinting and ceramic coating through these guys?
I don't see any cost for it on my lease agreement, which I find a bit weird, I can see it listed under options bit without a cost. So they must have decided to add it in and add it to my repayments. Which I shouldn't be very happy about tbh. However, I would like the tint done, and the ceramic protection makes sense I guess. So I can't be bothered complaining.

I don't see any cost for it on my lease agreement, which I find a bit weird, I can see it listed under options bit without a cost. So they must have decided to add it in and add it to my repayments. Which I shouldn't be very happy about tbh. However, I would like the tint done, and the ceramic protection makes sense I guess. So I can't be bothered complaining.
Am I being daft by thinking it is just included? i.e. it is on a lease so in their own interest to have paint protection and tinted windows to protect the value of the car should they end up with it coming back? I should have really checked with them on this.