Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah probably a little harsh, it actually wasn't that bad as I got into it, I just wish he'd do a little more research ahead of making such videos. I guess we have been so immersed in everything for so long that most of this is old news.
Yeah I guess for a first time viewer or such it’s pretty new to them and would be good content.
Was there any door thunking? Maybe I skipped over it?

IMG_3024.jpeg

Reactions: DougalVizsla
That’s Don Juan btw, his smarmy face says it all. He knows he has your car…

Arrives in Brisbane on Boxing Day. The profile fits, only going to Shanghai, nowhere else. Then all three main Australian ports.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Don Juan berth at Southport tbh and fill up with only Model 3.

I think we have two weeks to wait for VINs.
Yeah, you could be right. I'd think if we don't hear anything over the next day or so, then the MC/VP theory is down in flames.

Reactions: X Æ A-12
Just spoke the Tesla to swap my plate style to ABC12C.

Also probed him about delivery and he reckons VIN should start being adding in 2 weeks.
Hmm that's interesting (I sent my rep an email yesterday also to probe a little, will see if I get a similar response), if he's correct and if the VIN's line up with the loading on the ship that's smack bang on when Don Juan docks.

so have now watched the rest of the "M3 Review" as a review I'd have to say it's more like watching someone who got a brand new car he's never driven or done any research on, which for someone who calls himself "Tesla Tom" is a little underwhelming. I mean he clearly hasn't even watched any of the other reviews that have been done.

I do like his content, but he needs to do at least some basic research, hopefully once he's learned a little more of the functions he can do a more realistic review later in the week.

Would anyone know if Tesla shipments to Freo come via the East Coast ports first? Or does WA tend to get a direct vessel? I only ask because I've seen so many photos in the past of Fremantle Port packed to the rafters with 700+ Tesla's, so I can't imagine there's a drop off in PK/WP first?

Would anyone know if Tesla shipments to Freo come via the East Coast ports first? Or does WA tend to get a direct vessel? I only ask because I've seen so many photos in the past of Fremantle Port packed to the rafters with 700+ Tesla's, so I can't imagine there's a drop off in PK/WP first?

If you look at this page Asia to Oceania | Armacup

The bottom line for Australia shows the ship they are transferred to, with the ETA @ Freemantle above

Reactions: avfc1982
I think it can be a bit of a mix, the MY shipment at the end of October came from Singapore direct to Fremantle.

I'm waiting for a M3 here in Perth and am also trying to also figure out the most likely route / timeline!

Fremantle Ports has an expected arrivals page which you can filter by Ship Type to 'Vehicle Carrier' to see scheduled arrivals, it's worth keeping an eye on

Reactions: avfc1982
Spoke to Tesla just now to change my payment method and asked about deliveries. The SA said that he had received his VIN yesterday, and he knows of other employees who are the same. He said they are hopeful of customer deliveries in the last week of December.

For anybody else in Perth he mentioned the demos should be on display in Osborne Park in the next few days and they are apparently LR versions, which is apparently different than the East coast?

Take with a decent pinch of salt for now!