Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I understand, NL companies are not buying teslas. They tell their customers to order themselves and then they will provide financing services.
You are correct but during the ordering process when it asks about if it’s leased it then goes in and you choose which company etc. they seem to be very aware which orders are for customers using leasing and which companies are then used for financing.
Also I had to give a copy of my order agreement to my NL once I’d placed the order and their communication then suggested they were creating a purchase order for that car to send to Tesla.
Again, I don’t know, if it makes any difference, but I’d suggest they are aware.

I’m double hypothesising that orders converted from old orders which still have TBD as the delivery time might be included, but I doubt it.
They probably deliver the staff orders first so they can rehearse the delivery process of removing all the plastic and crap, make sure the process is down pat before doing it for customers. Should all be on the same boat/trucks etc.

Yeah, I'd suspect that unless they are really constrained on ship space, they'd all be on the same ship. I guess I can understand getting them to employees first, and I do agree that those like @dronus who had orders in place prior to the release should also get preference.
Ultimately it doesn’t really matter, they will get here when they get here and we will look back on these posts in time and laugh.
As long as they are not in the GC stinkfest we should be fine :)

Reactions: Jules22
More crap inbound

IMG_7342.jpeg
IMG_7341.jpeg

Yeah I think you're right.. the bit where the roof glass transitions into where the rear windscreen would be is not tinted if I remember correctly (from old M3)?
Isn’t the roof glass already tinted?
I’d assumed just needed to get the side windows tinted.
What’s everyone’s preference?
I was thinking 35% on all side windows.
So it’s legal NSW, has some privacy and looks a little more in line with the car style.

VIP Car Care in Fyshwick (ACT) quoted $320 for side windows tinting, $80 extra for as the salesman described 'if you want the clear part of moon roof tinted'.. not sure what he's referring to there.

Ceramic pro: $899 or VIP ceramic: $499
Three separate unrelated questions:

1. Is Fyshwick where all the adult shopping warehouses are?
2. Is there late night shopping in Fyshwick?
3. How far is it from Canberra CBD to Fyshwick?

Asking for a friend…

Three separate unrelated questions:

1. Is Fyshwick where all the adult shopping warehouses are?
2. Is there late night shopping in Fyshwick?
3. How far is it from Canberra CBD to Fyshwick?

Asking for a friend…

I only recently moved to CBR, but:

1. yes if you look closely
  2. late night shopping isnt really a thing here from what i can see
  3. probably 15-20 buck uber ride or 10 mins drive i reckon

Do we have confirmation of HW4 in totality? Just saw someone on whirlpool suggest it was HW4 cameras HW3.5 processor? I could have sworn it was HW4 all around...

I think that's right, the hardware is version 4, processor version 3.5. I think that's why the front camera was deleted. Good reasons apparently but can't be arsed reading up on it. It is what it is.

Reactions: DougalVizsla
This dude provides comments/teardowns on Tesla Tech: https://twitter.com/greentheonly/

I just trawled his posts and couldn't find anything definitive, but he does suggest Hw4 Autopilot on Highland (doesn't mention processor). Notably, also a downgrade apparently in RAM (8GB now from 16GB) on the infotainment side of things... also plausible if they're now using newer/faster RAM, they were saving costs in eliminating excess that isn't required to run just 2 screens.

This dude provides comments/teardowns on Tesla Tech: https://twitter.com/greentheonly/

I just trawled his posts and couldn't find anything definitive, but he does suggest Hw4 Autopilot on Highland (doesn't mention processor). Notably, also a downgrade apparently in RAM (8GB now from 16GB) on the infotainment side of things... also plausible if they're now using newer/faster RAM, they were saving costs in eliminating excess that isn't required to run just 2 screens.
Apple pained a MB pro with 8gb of ram, I have it. They use new ways of accessing and using RAM, so 8gb can be as efficient as 16gb. Could be the same thought process?