Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple pained a MB pro with 8gb of ram, I have it. They use new ways of accessing and using RAM, so 8gb can be as efficient as 16gb. Could be the same thought process?
Yeah exactly, the 16GB of RAM was maybe older/slower and therefore justified on older hardware. It would suggest the 8GB of RAM found on Highland is newer/faster and therefore sufficient for what's required of it. It's really only running maps/movies/games/karaoke/fart noises etc. on the infotainment screens. Unsure how the Autopilot hardware interacts/crossover between tech starts/ends.

The thing that stood out for me was there was so many old people…

If I was leading the marketing team at Kia Australia, I'd be pretty upset if one of my review/loan cars was used to film the intro part of a video on the way to the Tesla office for the 'unveiling' of a competitor's car. I think I'd be on the phone asking for my car back, and that I'd be blacklisting that reviewer/influencer.

(Don't get me started about influencers... right up there with telephone sainitisers and TV advertising executives. Put them all in the 'B Ark' and send them into space. Hairdressers are ok.)

If I was leading the marketing team at Kia Australia, I'd be pretty upset if one of my review/loan cars was used to film the intro part of a video on the way to the Tesla office for the 'unveiling' of a competitor's car. I think I'd be on the phone asking for my car back, and that I'd be blacklisting that reviewer/influencer.

(Don't get me started about influencers... right up there with telephone sainitisers and TV advertising executives. Put them all in the 'B Ark' and send them into space. Hairdressers are ok.)
It would be ok if they did something useful but it appears to have evolved into a very needy and entitled occupation.
Anyone remember SA govt flying influencers to SA in private jets and other airfares to attend a concert which was supposed to bring in tourism?
Ego-fest ..

Considering we haven't received VIN's already it would appear likely that our cars are not on the Morning Crystal. I don't think they'll wait for the next Armacup ship to send off the next lot of Model 3's, Tesla have used Mol Ace in the past, and the Splendid Ace is porting into Shanghai on the 2/12, looking at the schedule it looks similar to when other Mol Ace ships have come to Aus in the past, so never know our luck that we could be on something like this. Only other option is if Tesla book a Glovis carrier that they can get thousands of cars onto, we won't know if this is scheduled until we get allocated VIN's once the ship leaves port in Shanghai.

It would be ok if they did something useful but it appears to have evolved into a very needy and entitled occupation.
Anyone remember SA govt flying influencers to SA in private jets and other airfares to attend a concert which was supposed to bring in tourism?
Ego-fest ..
Also they paid $25 membership fee to tesla owners club for the privilege of being one of the first to see the car

Considering we haven't received VIN's already it would appear likely that our cars are not on the Morning Crystal. I don't think they'll wait for the next Armacup ship to send off the next lot of Model 3's, Tesla have used Mol Ace in the past, and the Splendid Ace is porting into Shanghai on the 2/12, looking at the schedule it looks similar to when other Mol Ace ships have come to Aus in the past, so never know our luck that we could be on something like this. Only other option is if Tesla book a Glovis carrier that they can get thousands of cars onto, we won't know if this is scheduled until we get allocated VIN's once the ship leaves port in Shanghai.
I would hope so because Don Juan is very late getting into Melbourne, so assume is not going to be on schedule for getting back to Shanghai.
Splendid Ace might be worth hoping for....

Reactions: dronus
I would hope so because Don Juan is very late getting into Melbourne, so assume is not going to be on schedule for getting back to Shanghai.
Splendid Ace might be worth hoping for....

Do we know Splendid Ace is coming to Aus after Shanghai?

Don Juan is still very likely IMO due to it arriving what will now be probably early Jan... fits in with Tesla's EDD of Jan - Mar 24.. least we can't say they overpromised us when DJ pulls up late back in Aus 😅

Do we know Splendid Ace is coming to Aus after Shanghai?

Don Juan is still very likely IMO due to it arriving what will now be probably early Jan... fits in with Tesla's EDD of Jan - Mar 24.. least we can't say they overpromised us when DJ pulls up late back in Aus 😅
Not confirmed I'm just speculating, the most recent vessel to come from Mol Ace to Australia was Crystal Ace on the 22nd August, when you look at the Vessel Schedule it was in Shanghai on the 27th July, and it shows no port stops until the 24th October. But we know it was in Aus. RoRo - Vessel Schedule

1701232587619.png

Below is the Splendid Ace, all the other vessel schedules extend out to Feb, it jut appears to have a lot of similarities to the previous vessels that end up in Aus with Tesla's.

1701232689456.png