Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pessimism says they haven't been able to fill their dinghy with LRs. So RWDs ordered before Dec23 will be mass-shipped in Jan24 and LRs ordered before Jan24 in Feb24 😭
Who knows, hopefully they got enough of each onboard for all existing orders :)

I guess if they start dishing out vins soon after going to sea they can firm up numbers etc. being that Adelaide orders get trucked from Melbourne and Melbourne orders are after Sydney and Brisbane you would hope the existing downstream orders get reserved so some new order upstream doesnt take the stock. I guess that’s why they do it around this time?

So near, and yet so far. BA moored off Caloundra. Must be waiting for a berth.
IMG_0311.jpeg

Reactions: dronus
Still no VIN, however i am becoming very efficient in accessing all the relevant information with all this practice..

@DougalVizsla do you recall if you got your VIN at the same time the Vics got theirs, or did it come after the ship left MEL?
Not sure when the Melbourne crew got theirs, but I got my VIN on or about 4 December. And on 5 December, I got the email saying the car is in transit on the Bergamot Ace. All advice definitely well before the ship got to Melbourne.

So near, and yet so far. BA moored off Caloundra. Must be waiting for a berth.

According to the Brisbane Port website it isn't scheduled to Dock until the 23rd... :rolleyes:

I guess it is two weeks early anyway, so small mercies and all. I am wondering whether they have stuffed up their timing when they first scheduled it for the 30th December and they just took a punt to get it up here and wait for an earlier slot.

There are only 190 Tesla's onboard, maybe that is all there is and they only need a short time to get in and unload.

I should check in on mine too.

Yeah looking at the ships in port and those waiting to the north, there are so many car carriers.
Surely if they have a couple of weeks to wait they can scoot down to Adelaide and drop off a stealth grey/ black/18 and then head back up?

hahaha

Actually this timing is working well in some regards. Im heading interstate so will take the ICE car = observe rather than participate in the South Australia Charger Underbuilt NeTwork to the border.. and squeeze the last of the fuel allowance out of the NL :)

Really excited to hear as your deliveries approach!