Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in SA sussing insurance.. I called RAA today who did a quote for me over the phone as they can’t do one online yet for the new Model 3.

Full comprehensive with unlimited glass replacement (no loan car) ends up being an $1,802 premium with an $1,800 excess, valued at a very low $68,300 (LR). I’m 32 with no accident/claim history, and the car will be garaged overnight in a decent suburb, being driven less than 5,000 km a year.

RAA have usually been very competitive when comparing them with Shannon’s and basically every other quote I’ve gotten for any of my cars over the last 10 years..

FWIW I did an online quote for the MY23 (which is what they’ve had to enter mine into the system as for now, despite them knowing it’s a MY23.5) in September, and the premium was $1,600 with an excess of $1,300.. so the prices seem to be going up, and up… and up (Simpsons reference for those playing along at home).

For those in SA sussing insurance.. I called RAA today who did a quote for me over the phone as they can’t do one online yet for the new Model 3.

Full comprehensive with unlimited glass replacement (no loan car) ends up being an $1,802 premium with an $1,800 excess, valued at a very low $68,300 (LR). I’m 32 with no accident/claim history, and the car will be garaged overnight in a decent suburb, being driven less than 5,000 km a year.

RAA have usually been very competitive when comparing them with Shannon’s and basically every other quote I’ve gotten for any of my cars over the last 10 years..

FWIW I did an online quote for the MY23 (which is what they’ve had to enter mine into the system as for now, despite them knowing it’s a MY23.5) in September, and the premium was $1,600 with an excess of $1,300.. so the prices seem to be going up, and up… and up (Simpsons reference for those playing along at home).

Yikes 1300 excess is steep

Same situation as you (in Brizzie), RACQ came back at ~1500 with 1500 excess, windshield cover, and 80k agreed value.

Its voodoo magic

Reactions: Tesl3on

yep, they will keep grabbing more money while they can.. everyone is doing it until we collapse like America :)

RAA are pretty good, i just scoped around to insure my current NL car as ill keep it for a while, RAA was the cheapest, esp if you are a member.. Im a bit older than 32 but also have a clean history, i had a parking ticket once but thats it. Im pretty boring like that. Anyway, i digress, i should check to see who my NL company is using, but ultimately it doesnt matter i guess

Reactions: Tesl3on

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    911.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3802.jpeg
    IMG_3802.jpeg
    835.8 KB · Views: 14