Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We can agree to disagree then.

However , the fact is that they have made initial deliveries of a car that appears to not only invalidate their ANCAP five star safety test, but also looks like it doesn’t conform the Australia legal requirements for a passenger car. And because this is a critical safety issue, even worse a child safety issue. then the idea that they can no longer deliver any of the affected models would be the most likely scenario tbh.
It’s only a child safety issue if you’re illogical enough to place a child in a non safe seating position without an anchor.

It is a bloody recall and you’ve been flaming this thread for about two hours now. 😂

It’s only a child safety issue if you’re illogical enough to place a child in a non safe seating position without an anchor.

It is a bloody recall and you’ve been flaming this thread for about two hours now. 😂

It’s not just a recall though. For BYD it was a cease sale and recall.

And my point is that seems like a reason why deliveries have been delayed.

Wtf you talking about?

Wtf you talking about?
While that’s possible, it’s unlikely as they would have started with the customers who already have affected vehicles first. Have you heard anything from Tesla about your vehicle?

It’s fun to speculate, but I think it’ll be just a simple recall and we’ll all move on with our child-seat conforming vehicles post retrofit (if it turns out to need one).

And you are not getting the point, it has nothing to do with someone being dumb enough to put a child seat where there is no anchor. It is Australian law. You are not allowed to sell a car without one in Australia. This isn’t just a recall.

Reactions: Jules22

Wtf you talking about?

But you’re the only human who thinks that?

Nothing from Morton, Veda, or anyone who tracks these deliveries as at least a bloody side hustle.

Opinions, Assholes. I get it but some opinion are more backed in sound logical reason, you’re the first person to notice it and you’ve extrapolated from there to attempt to provide VINless folks with an answer. The answer has been posted, from verified sources, the VIN issue was due to allocation issues and those VINs weren’t taking into the deep dark fold, they were reallocated. I dare say without a bloody anchor.

God help me, Alhamdullah, I need Buddha.

Seems to be a few people here who don’t think that would be an issue.
I don’t think people are saying it’s not an issue, they’re just disagreeing with you that it’s the reason for VIN reassignments.

Given that cars are still being delivered to people, this seems to be the explanation for me:
The delays were purely based of VINS being assigned from ships not stopping at our port in NSW/ACT

Oh would you look at that!!!

(Still no VIN)

Attachments

• IMG_9283.jpeg
    IMG_9283.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: PcS000 and Jules22