Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything I am seeing is telling me the delivery won’t be until the back end of the EDD now, which sucks because I have made arrangements to sell my current transport in Feb thinking my car will be here in mid Feb not late March.

Tesla just be honest with us, we are adults, we can take it haha
I don't think there is anything to indicate that.

More likely they are being conservative knowing its a government department who make the final sign off.

The fact the earliest dates are not moving back seems to suggest the fix is either done or they expect it to be very quick and then will just be waiting on sign off, otherwise the early date would be moving back.

All pure guesswork but I really don't see any reason to lean towards it being at the end of the EDD window.

Last edited:
Just did a dummy quote with NRMA for MY24 RWD M3H (quote will expire before I can get vehicle so hopefully doesn't rise too much).

Male driver in the ACT, 0 accidents/claims in the last 5 years. Standard excess ($950). They've bet every other quote by a lot.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 13.02.24.png

Last edited:
Just did a dummy quote with NRMA for MY24 RWD M3H (quote will expire before I can get vehicle so hopefully doesn't rise too much).

Male driver in the ACT, 0 accidents/claims in the last 5 years. Standard excess ($950). They've bet every other quote by a lot.

View attachment 1010795
Oh wow. Mines over $2600 from RACV. LR 2023 built. If I change to 2024 it drops by over $400 so I got rooted by 10 days(built 21 Dec)

Edit: It turns out my suburb isn’t a very good place for insurance 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Do you think the 2024 M3 will come with HW4 and Radar?

HW4 Yes we know it does

Radar No, only on X/S

“Highland was supposed to be the first recipient of Hardware Version 4, with much higher resolution cameras, 12 rather than 9 of the latter, faster computing hardware, and HD Radar. But there was no sign that the car I drove had these upgrades, although camera views looked clearer. It had Full Self Driving, but for now this doesn’t include Autopark, Summon or Smart Summon, because Tesla hasn’t gotten these working with cameras only yet.”

Quote from a Forbes Article dated 03 Dec 23

“Highland was supposed to be the first recipient of Hardware Version 4, with much higher resolution cameras, 12 rather than 9 of the latter, faster computing hardware, and HD Radar. But there was no sign that the car I drove had these upgrades, although camera views looked clearer. It had Full Self Driving, but for now this doesn’t include Autopark, Summon or Smart Summon, because Tesla hasn’t gotten these working with cameras only yet.”

Quote from a Forbes Article dated 03 Dec 23
Question is does that statement applies to Shanghai Highland? US M3 websites initially were spotted with pics which showed additional cameras.

Reactions: Rosier
I thought today was Monday but its Sunday. I wonder if they do test drives on sundays, prob not..
When is yours booked @SiLENC3 ?
Mine was booked for noon today.
Bloody nice car to drive - im fkn excited!!

I drove a red longrange - a blue rwd rocked uo when i got back.. had the 19" novas on it so snapped a pic of that too 🤙
20240121_114522.jpg
20240121_123024.jpg

May not criticize that harsh. But yeah radar would be nice. Humans manage with vision doesn't mean car's can't have couple of extra senses.
Yeah but the thought of driving over my cat because the windscreen camera can’t see him 😭

Edit: Cat
Mine was booked for noon today.
Bloody nice car to drive - im fkn excited!!

I drove a red longrange - a blue rwd rocked uo when i got back.. had the 19" novas on it so snapped a pic of that too 🤙View attachment 1010844View attachment 1010845
Looks like Mulgrave 😂

Reactions: jeevas123