Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Crowded House inspired ditty maybe?

Somewhere, deep inside, something's got a hold on me
wondering where it is, my poor stealth grey model 3

technically they are riiiggghhhttt,
for the first time in my life
i hope that Elon
delivers this thing soon

stripping back the coats, of lies and deception
its only 5 minutes work, with a cut it's perfection

technically they are riiiggghhhttt,
for the first time in my life
i hope that Elon
delivers this thing soon
Oh yeah, I'm vibing

Still debating what to get done, imo the tint is a must and I’ve always had paint protection but did it myself in the past, although I’m not keen to do it myself this time but it’s pretty expensive to get it done
Do we really need paint protection for such a complicated paint process already done car ?

Any evidence which points to tesla paint job getting shoddy if not coated with something?

Agree for tint.. more inclined to one way mirror like stuff which add more glitz than the usual blackie stuff

IMO you need to protect the paint with something, if you elect to not use some form of ceramic coating then it’s wax or something similar.
I’ve had two Mercs and ceramic coated both of them and after 5 years of ownership of both they both looked great and so easy to clean.
nowadays the ceramic coating will last 7+ years whereas with wax you have to re-apply it periodically.

IMO you need to protect the paint with something, if you elect to not use some form of ceramic coating then it’s wax or something similar.
I’ve had two Mercs and ceramic coated both of them and after 5 years of ownership of both they both looked great and so easy to clean.
nowadays the ceramic coating will last 7+ years whereas with wax you have to re-apply it periodically.
How much is ceramic coating? Does it really make any difference to plain colors like black or white?

How much is ceramic coating? Does it really make any difference to plain colors like black or white?
I was quoted $1100, and another company quoted $1500, it deepens the colour and increases the shine and makes it super easy to clean, great beading qualities.
It’s a personal thing but now I’ve had it done on 2 cars (and I did the Mrs Audi too) I wouldn’t want to not do it, just wish it wasn’t so expensive to get it applied.

Reactions: jeevas123
NL Financier has submitted settlement to Tesla so im all paid up. No turning back now!
I also messaged Tesla Adelaide letting them know and also that im keen to grab the earliest possible delivery when they start up
I submitted my invoice 2 weeks ago and they paid it immediately even though my delivery window doesn’t start until mid Feb so no turning back for me either;)

Reactions: dronus
I think the Matte finish looks awesome but the cost of PPF to the whole car would be a fortune
I think I got quoted $4500 for full PPF, i.e. it's clear not a coloured wrap. The latter is cheaper, the PPF is better and I'm sure he mentioned its self-healing as well (like those green cutting mats for arts/crafts etc)

Also, you don't have to PPF the entire car, protecting the most vulnerable panels only is always an option.

Reactions: Shillo and dronus
I think I got quoted $4500 for full PPF, i.e. it's clear not a coloured wrap. The latter is cheaper, the PPF is better and I'm sure he mentioned its self-healing as well (like those green cutting mats for arts/crafts etc)

Also, you don't have to PPF the entire car, protecting the most vulnerable panels only is always an option.
Im just getting tint and ceramic coating, but i can see the benefit in ppf especially on the front and skirts

I read that some places ceramic coat the PPF too which sounds like a bit of overkill as I thought the PPF would have good beading properties anyway