Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I didn’t know you got it back, I thought it just came off the final payment. Need to check this I guess.
For a notated leases, you can’t lower the financed value by paying upfront or making a deposit. They way they get around this for the order fee is by getting Tesla to refund the customer directly and making the “total amount payable” the full drive away price of the car. Same goes with trade ins. Trade ins will be paid to your bank directly and will be listed as a refund to the customer.

For a notated leases, you can’t lower the financed value by paying upfront or making a deposit. They way they get around this for the order fee is by getting Tesla to refund the customer directly and making the “total amount payable” the full drive away price of the car. Same goes with trade ins. Trade ins will be paid to your bank directly and will be listed as a refund to the customer.
Thanks. So that rich bastard still has my $400!

Reactions: dronus
Sounds like a good deal.
I couldnt add chargers (i bought both wall connector and umc) so that was on me. I cant seem to add electricity but its something they are working on, might be able to add it later but its not a big deal.

Ha, you will get a bunch of enquiries when we all need tyres!
Yes, sadly the charger has to be included before finalising the financing. Because it gets added as an “option” to the car. That’s why you can’t include home chargers because it’s not an option for the car and it adds value to your house thus, ‘Cringe benefits’. The mobile charger gets added to the value of the car and to the financed amount as far as I can see on my VPS.

Reactions: aaron.m and dronus
Ahh cool thanks! I wondered why it was lije that. Obviously a lot of people novate teslas so they are right across the details

Reactions: Rosier
Yes, sadly the charger has to be included before finalising the financing. Because it gets added as an “option” to the car. That’s why you can’t include home chargers because it’s not an option for the car and it adds value to your house thus, ‘Cringe benefits’. The mobile charger gets added to the value of the car and to the financed amount as far as I can see on my VPS.
Ahh cool yep. I went crazy when i put my first order in and just bought it.
Good info for others tho!!

Reactions: jeevas123
I also bought my UMC much later, it wasn't even something I thought about asking to package in the NL. Guess it's too late now.

I also bought my UMC much later, it wasn't even something I thought about asking to package in the NL. Guess it's too late now.
Funnily enough my UMC just arrived this morning. Lucky for me the connectors are the updated 10/10 and 15/15(not 8/10, and 12/15).

You can package most things to do with the car(like a tint) and it will go on the lease as an option and will be financed. So you have to do it at the time.

When I first asked about the charger, ol mate said no. Then I told him it’s fine then I just wanted the mobile connector because the car doesn’t come with a charger. Then he said, oh as long as it’s a mobile charger it can go on the lease but can’t add fixed home chargers because they add value to the house. So I added the UMC right away and ordered one last Friday.

Now I want to sort out some kind of a tint. I’d like to go as dark as I legally can. The cameras on the test drive were fantastic so i think they’ll be useful when parking at night if the fronts end up being too dark to see the mirrors 😂

The rear windshield though, I noticed the surround it dark but the middle isn’t. Guess I’ll have to figure it out when the cars here.

NL offered me some tinting with MotorOne. After reading reviews for some local M1 stores I opted not to go with it. May be it’s just the local stores but those are the stores I will have to go to so I said no.

The rear windshield though, I noticed the surround it dark but the middle isn’t. Guess I’ll have to figure it out when the cars here.

Shouldn't be too difficult mate - im no expert, but just tinting the whole window as dark as tje darkest part of the gradient should look decent.

Cant see sh!t out the back window anyway.
Even in my test drive, i found the steering wheel button that brings up the cameras super handy.

Reactions: dronus and Rosier
Shouldn't be too difficult mate - im no expert, but just tinting the whole window as dark as tje darkest part of the gradient should look decent.

Cant see sh!t out the back window anyway.
Even in my test drive, i found the steering wheel button that brings up the cameras super handy.
Same. I had a big blind spot. I found the cameras and BSM light very useful

Reactions: SiLENC3 and dronus
Just found this on Facebook could be full of *sugar* but he does admin the Tesla Australia accessories FB page
1000017254.png