Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im really hoping the white/chrome trim around the windows is protective tape
Sure-sure. And two specially trained guards are hidden behind every car. And seven, no more, no less, beautiful maids in bikinis equipped with soft and gentle rainbow-coloured brushes swipe tiny bits of dust from multi-layer military-grade titanium protective coating every 50 km, and all this circus is under the energy shield.

Can anyone recommend a decent sun shade for the M3H that is retractable?
I highly recommend Snapshades. I've been using them for my current vehicle and after 4 years of abuse use, the shade is still in great condition and hasn't warped or discoloured. I've ordered and have the M3H windscreen shade ready to go as well.

For the roof, I'm thinking I'll go with adding an extra layer of tint to it instead of adding shades. Going to do some more research this weekend about the best option/reviews.

I highly recommend Snapshades. I've been using them for my current vehicle and after 4 years of abuse use, the shade is still in great condition and hasn't warped or discoloured. I've ordered and have the M3H windscreen shade ready to go as well.

For the roof, I'm thinking I'll go with adding an extra layer of tint to it instead of adding shades. Going to do some more research this weekend about the best option/reviews.
I read most tinters advise against tinting the roof as it increases the chance of the glass cracking, I wanted to do mine but have been put off now

Reactions: dronus
Soo I outright asked em, and they said this... 😂

View attachment 1012012
Sense of humour at Tesla
I read most tinters advise against tinting the roof as it increases the chance of the glass cracking, I wanted to do mine but have been put off now
i just did the back panel, the front panel doesn’t need it, just pump up the air con and wear a hat

Still hoping someone can provide a good recommendation on a sun shade that is retractable. So not one that I have to completely remove and store somewhere but one that I can just pull back to let the light in.
You don’t need it, pump the air con up and just enjoy the view. I have been in 35 heat and it was all ok. Just get the car and try for yourself then decide if you need to spend the $$$.

You don’t need it, pump the air con up and just enjoy the view. I have been in 35 heat and it was all ok. Just get the car and try for yourself then decide if you need to spend the $$$.

Agree, too many mentions of concerns about the "heat" from the glass... I test drove for almost an hour on 35+ sunny day, zero issues for me.

But yes, try it out first without a shade, then if heat were an issue for you after owning one for a few weeks by all means get a shade.

Reactions: Cocoboy
Agree, too many mentions of concerns about the "heat" from the glass... I test drove for almost an hour on 35+ sunny day, zero issues for me.

But yes, try it out first without a shade, then if heat were an issue for you after owning one for a few weeks by all means get a shade.
Spot on, it’s already tinted, heavily tinted. Don’t get sucked in to spending hundreds on a sun shade.

Reactions: dronus and Mes1