Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so excited I just ordered my first Tesla.

Ordered on the 30/01 around 4PM, by 5PM a VIN number was assigned to the order, but it is only showing on the app or if you search for the VIN on the source code of the order page.

Got a standard model, white body, black interior, normal wheels.

Did some dig and the car is on the Firmament Ace, schedule to port on the 06/02 in Brisbane, and delivery window is from the 11/02 to 18/03.

Now just wait two weeks and cross the gateway bridge to collect the car.
Nice 😊
So by that then they have spare cars on the FA that have no orders for since your order was only placed yesterday and the FA left China several weeks ago… interesting 🤔

• Informative
Reactions: aaron.m and dronus
I’ve had the txt/email saying it’s in Australia and being prepared for delivery so I’m hoping it’s been unloaded from the FA, but after reading about the issues and delays on here I have my doubts.
Regardless my delivery window is still 14/2 to 6/3 so hopefully it’s on track for 14th
I booked the PPF, Paint Protection and tint yesterday for 23rd so I really hope it’s on time and not later than 14th, they reckon there is a chance of being a few days earlier although I have my doubts, regardless as long as it’s not late I’m all good 👍

Reactions: dronus and aaron.m
I booked the PPF, Paint Protection and tint yesterday for 23rd so I really hope it’s on time and not later than 14th, they reckon there is a chance of being a few days earlier although I have my doubts, regardless as long as it’s not late I’m all good 👍
Who mentioned that it might be earlier, as I also have a car on FA for delivery in Adelaide with the same EDD. I'm getting a bit too excited, and just want it already! 😀

Reactions: dronus and MacTessy
If you use your phone to zoom in on the writing near the pins on the 10 and 15a leads if it says 10a and 15a you should be fine. If it says 8 and 12 it might require the update.. from what ive picked up, ill test it on friday when/if i get the car

If the tails say 8/10A and 12/15A, then you need new tails, not just a software update. The tails themselves tell the charger what maximum current they support.

Once you have the 10/10A and 15/15A tails, the UMC itself might need a firmware update to respond to the new tails. Many posts about that (and how random it seems to be). My UMC, which is the original that came with my car in 2019, worked with the new tails immediately 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: dronus
If the tails say 8/10A and 12/15A, then you need new tails, not just a software update. The tails themselves tell the charger what maximum current they support.

Once you have the 10/10A and 15/15A tails, the UMC itself might need a firmware update to respond to the new tails. Many posts about that (and how random it seems to be). My UMC, which is the original that came with my car in 2019, worked with the new tails immediately 🤷‍♂️

Cool hopefully anyone that has bought the umc in the last 6 months has the newer tails. Mine does and i bought it in August last year.
If someone is considering buying one second hand, would pay to check

I will say re the RWD, you do notice the difference coming from driving LR. Can only imagine how fun the Performance is.

Still plenty fast for me, but just not quite the face melting acceleration that the wife hates so much in the LR.
Having drove both the LR and the P I can say hand on heart they are both damn good. Yeah the P has that extra squirt but the LR is still impressive and most times I am probably driving it like the LR with the occasional P moments :)

Im still waiting for that “automated phone call” that is meant to be important.
Too scared to sleep in case i miss it… haha
I think most if not all of us on here are rooting for you to get your car. The moderators will be happy because the number of posts on here will probably drop by at least 75%! I want plenty of pics and a door thunk video.

I think most if not all of us on here are rooting for you to get your car. The moderators will be happy because the number of posts on here will probably drop by at least 75%! I want plenty of pics and a door thunk video.
Im spending today constructively planning and creating the framework for a short movie from go to whoa culminating in a crescendo unseen in movie history.

Guest appearances from some relatively unknown guests who may not know they are being filmed, a soundtrack that hopefully isnt just stock background music and a storyline so immersive you will feel compelled to drop the AUD6.5k on an apple vision pro headset to fully be part of the journey in real time.

Ive even gone the extra step in my fiscal responsibility to make sure it is a fair dinkum top shelf video production by getting a box of those lens wipe things that i currently plan to use to clean the pubes off my canera lenses before shooting the video.

Translation: im going to play with imovie and see what crap i can cobble together.
The dizzying highs, the spiralling lows, the exact moment i realised my phones keyboard layout had changed from qwerty to qwertz..

Out this summer….

Last edited: