Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick up in Canberra was smooth. I think I was there for 10mins? Everything transferred over to the new car. I got used to indicators almost instantly, stalks are overrated.
FEB & FEC showing for a short time only
IMG_7147.jpeg

OK, this is interesting, thanks for the information. It means that some of FA cars have already reached Adelaide. What was your original delivery date range? Has it changed before the delivery notification?
Congratulations, by the way :)
Strangely my delivery date never changed. It has always been 14 Feb to Mar 7. I'm picking up on the 16th, and given the compliance issues feels like they've done very well IMO.

Reactions: aaron.m
Amazing, Congratulations! That looks dope!! How was your delivery experience?

Quite quick compared to my first time at Alexandria, was in and out in a matter of minutes. Tesla profile kept all my settings from my previous model 3 which was nice. The drive home was interesting, had a few phantom stalk moments in the car 😅 but got the hang of it quickly. Very quiet compared to the old model 3 almost no road noise, very smooth and the kids loved the rear screen. Now to whack on all the accessories..

Yeah, I missed out by 10 days, built 21 Dec.

And yes, everyone's right. Tesla's are for some reason, very expensive to insure. Idk if that's because there are so many accidents involving teslas or whether most tesla claims are on the expensive side, but regardless, all the teslas are insanely expensive to insure. But, I know this, if tesla insurance comes to australia, I'd sign up right away.
Just don't drive at night on Tesla Insurance.

What options are you choosing to get $1500 a year from NRMA. I got approx $4500 for comprehensive plus(got a incident claim last year). And every other insurance in the same ball park.

Edit: Tried without incident also and still no significant insurance, Changed address to my VIC one and even that didn't help. Am I making a blatant mistake. Can't figure my self in a high risk category in any way.
Regional NSW, no claims history, almost 40, two named drivers. Windscreen cover, $1,000 excess, agreed value of $79k. Don't need hire car have enough spares.

I did get quoted $4k from AAMI, GIO and Youi.

Allianz for me was roughly the same as NRMA maybe $100 more per year and I've been with them before and had good history but they annoyed me when my credit card expired (had to call and wait in queue for hours to update it and then despite the 30min on the phone and assurances they only updated one of the cars so my insurance got cancelled on the second so thought I'd give NRMA a go again.)

I've got a 7yo BMW and 5yo XC60 insured for $20k and $40k respectively and all 3 are coming in between $1,400 and $1,600 despite their values. Of the AAMI, GIO and Youi, they also quoted me $4k each for the other cars too. Can't for the life of me figure out where their pricing variance is coming from these days.

Adelaide friends, sadly no new M3H’s at the Holden factory.
Thanks for checking it out! :) Might go for a check early next week - hoping to see some more cars soon!
Btw how many cars do you reckon the Adelaide DC can/would handle? In terms of parking.
No VIN atm and struggling to "Manage" my car using the web portal. I'm hoping that means that something (positive) is happening in the background.

Reactions: Tesl3on
Thanks for checking it out! :) Might go for a check early next week - hoping to see some more cars soon!
Btw how many cars do you reckon the Adelaide DC can/would handle? In terms of parking.
No VIN atm and struggling to "Manage" my car using the web portal. I'm hoping that means that something (positive) is happening in the background.
All good mate, can hopefully make one more trip down there tomorrow. I think maybe around 20 cars max at the DC.

• Love
I don't understand why no ships go to Adelaide.. is there no port/place to put one?
Surely it would make more sense to have a boat dump cars in BNE, MEL, and Adelaide than send the same amount of cars from Melbourne on 30 trucks?

My opinion comes from a complete place of ignorance regarding seafaring logistics.. im a road transport guy and simply curious

I don't understand why no ships go to Adelaide.. is there no port/place to put one?
Surely it would make more sense to have a boat dump cars in BNE, MEL, and Adelaide than send the same amount of cars from Melbourne on 30 trucks?

My opinion comes from a complete place of ignorance regarding seafaring logistics.. im a road transport guy and simply curious
Most likely just not cost effective to take a ship that is 95% empty from MEL to ADL compared to sticking that number of cars on a transporter.

Regional NSW, no claims history, almost 40, two named drivers. Windscreen cover, $1,000 excess, agreed value of $79k. Don't need hire car have enough spares.

I did get quoted $4k from AAMI, GIO and Youi.

Allianz for me was roughly the same as NRMA maybe $100 more per year and I've been with them before and had good history but they annoyed me when my credit card expired (had to call and wait in queue for hours to update it and then despite the 30min on the phone and assurances they only updated one of the cars so my insurance got cancelled on the second so thought I'd give NRMA a go again.)

I've got a 7yo BMW and 5yo XC60 insured for $20k and $40k respectively and all 3 are coming in between $1,400 and $1,600 despite their values. Of the AAMI, GIO and Youi, they also quoted me $4k each for the other cars too. Can't for the life of me figure out where their pricing variance is coming from these days.
Regional may be the key and multi insurance may also be playing a factor. Thanks for the tip. I think GIO is certainly one of the better ones. I never looked at GIO before. For now I am going with NL partnered Insurance Vero. But as @Rosier said anything above few hundred per year is a total rip off for my use case. Trying to forget and sleep by thinking it is pretax. But still super hard to swallow. Such malpractice should be shown their coffin asap.

We have a port ironically called port adelaide :)

Toyota and i think ford/mitsubishi send ship loads of cars here all the time. Probably some cash incentives you have to pay to dock there..

if you zoom in to here you can see them all lined up!

Reactions: Jules22
We have a port ironically called port adelaide :)

Toyota and i think ford/mitsubishi send ship loads of cars here all the time. Probably some cash incentives you have to pay to dock there..

if you zoom in to here you can see them all lined up!

I cant even work out what brand car any of them are from the satellite photo... if you scan down south a bit there are more, and a couple look like Tesla's..

maybe mitsubishis?