Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on people stop the negativity here! Finger crossed at 12:30 pm (today)!
Give sometime for production , it takes lot of time to build a car , that 45second to make tesla is basically is the speed they will be off production , but if production is shut to produce first car it might take bit more time plug QA and track testing . So i am guessing may be later this week or next week we might get some VIN's. i think Tesla priority would be getting them on to ship on time rather than allocating VIN's straight off production line

Give sometime for production , it takes lot of time to build a car , that 45second to make tesla is basically is the speed they will be off production , but if production is shut to produce first car it might take bit more time plug QA and track testing . So i am guessing may be later this week or next week we might get some VIN's. i think Tesla priority would be getting them on to ship on time rather than allocating VIN's straight off production line
90 minutes end to end for the build.

Testing and stuff on top of that.

90 minutes end to end for the build.

Testing and stuff on top of that.
i think that 90mins is post the initial frame plus the paint coating, so it might be a bit longer if they re-start production from scratch so could be days to produce first car out of the line end to end

i think that 90mins is post the initial frame plus the paint coating, so it might be a bit longer if they re-start production from scratch so could be days to produce first car out of the line end to end
Painting might take a while to dry??
But the rest would be very quick - Giga Press FTW

I can see maybe a day to get it going, more likely several hours. But I cant see days.

But taking days for the first VIN from the first build to get to us is not only possible but we have seen it before (VINs getting notified for cars already on vessels)

At the risk of a public stoning - we are all assuming/praying that they restart the production line with RHD and those vehicles are headed our way.

After many many months of waiting and seeing things swing and turn, I would not be surprised if they started up the production line for Model 3's destined for Mars before another ANZ run.
haha feel like AU&NZ are Tasmania for rest of the world ;) always forgotten

What's this Tasmania thing you talk of????? ;)😁
Huh?

1657069243581.png

It's entirely possible that the shutdown schedules being published are complete bollocks given that none of them seemed to originate from Tesla and i have seen about 4 variations. And as usual they all "reached out to Tesla who did not imediately respond for comment".

Might've shut down both lines.. OR might be a really long production session (4000 vs 100) and therefore it takes 40x longer for Vins to come out. Who knows. Get Wu Wa in the air!

Reactions: ChrisAKAHydra
It's entirely possible that the shutdown schedules being published are complete bollocks given that none of them seemed to originate from Tesla and i have seen abour 4 variations. And as usual they all "reached out to Tesla who did not imediately respond for comment".

Might've shut down both lines.. OR might be a really long production session (4000 vs 100) and therefore it takes 40x longer for Vins to come out. Who knows. Get Wu Wa in the air!
Jason Yang seems to take weekly videos on Thursdays then they are available 3-4 days later
Wu Wa seem to do them weekly on Fridays. Then they are available 1-2 days later.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JasonYang
https://www.youtube.com/c/烏瓦

So maybe Saturday or Sunday we might have something new to look at.