Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Viking Passama is a day out from Brisbane (a day early). Hopefully pulls into PK early!
Yeah I saw that. ETA to Brisbane is tomorrow afternoon at 3pm... however

1659261895143.png

not booked into port until Friday morning at 5am. I guess we're going to see it loiter around off the coast again, for the week.

The departure from Brisbane, late on the 5th, seems to track with the 8/8 arrival at Port Kembla though; I think it was only a couple of days sailing from Brisbane to there.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
I believe it isn’t legal to make a purchase of that size in cash. $10,000 is the limit. For fraud and tax evasion reasons
Na., That axed that legalisation thankfully. Last thing we need is more of a nanny state / big brother.

Any transaction over 10k is still reportable by financial institutions to Austrac who sifts through things looking for money laundering etc.

Yeah I saw that. ETA to Brisbane is tomorrow afternoon at 3pm... however

View attachment 834951

not booked into port until Friday morning at 5am. I guess we're going to see it loiter around off the coast again, for the week.

The departure from Brisbane, late on the 5th, seems to track with the 8/8 arrival at Port Kembla though; I think it was only a couple of days sailing from Brisbane to there.
Doesnt seem to have made it into the PK ship movements list yet though. Maybe after they have resolved the actual wait at Brisbane.

Based on there is a ship that will be coming to Australia with Model Y’s. So if the line reopens soon it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think they load 3’s to also send to Australia.
Somewhere there is a world map being used as a dart board by Telsa. Only when they get a bit tired (start of the quarter - after all the end of quarter delivery parties) do they accidently stray a bit to the right and down a bit so they hit Australia.

Based on there is a ship that will be coming to Australia with Model Y’s. So if the line reopens soon it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think they load 3’s to also send to Australia.

Somewhere there is a world map being used as a dart board by Telsa. Only when they get a bit tired (start of the quarter - after all the end of quarter delivery parties) do they accidently stray a bit to the right and down a bit so they hit Australia.
Realistically this might be the case if they chartered the entire vessel. But sadly they will fill as much as they want to fill (or is available) and no more.

So this logic, which makes some sense to us, is unlikely to be in effect.

Not to say they will or wont make M3s. Just they will have already planned it either way and to go with MYs is not going to be the reason.
I'm certainly hoping more M3s come along.

Especially if you did it like this…
Nah, I think they should pay in 5c pieces.

Bit of revenge for making us wait so long for cars.

Did some dodgy maths, and if I managed to get it right its only like 4.5 tonnes worth of 5c coins to make $80k.

On the plus side, they'd have plenty of time to check the car over, while the SAs counted the money