Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's generally from the second half of the quarter on (15th on). Conveniently just after Paglia leaves
Historically it's always been 3-4 days of the first month of the Q(lol) but they have recently been doing more Aussie orders to clear the backlog. I'm hoping you're right, if they do another week with the ramped up production line things will be looking good.

picked up the car in alexandria today. a very large warehouse with i'd say 60-80 cars and trucks dropping off more as we waited. small scare as they came running in to say we had to wait as they didnt test something on the trade in, but was just a tick box they hadnt done. Car came 50% charged, they said they just couldnt cope with more volume going out that they'd ever done to fully charge them.

Car looked clean in our checks - the front lip of the frunk i though was scrapped but was some residue i assume from a protective film that was no longer there. guess im not waiting now so im not welcome in the waiting room anymore
Congrats!!

Meanwhile, here in Victoria Tesla are being lazy and still aren't booking time slots. On the contrary, they've moved my EDD back a few days again.

I feel like I've got a sick on my back, dangling my Tesla in front of me, just out of reach!!

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld
Just wondering if when people who recently got vins used the URL https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders to check for a vin did they have the year field in the response filled in saying 2022 before the vin was allocated?

Mine is blank and it kind of makes me nervous when I have a room full of accessories that fit the 2022 Model 3 that they are leaving it open that it might be a slight variation with a 2023 model that they deliver (and who knows what small changes they might make). I'm pretty sure my mid Feb order will come this year but Tesla generally make tweaks between 3rd and 4th quarter from what I've seen.

It has fields like the following which indicate that it's a Model 3 for Australia and my order number (redacted), etc, etc but year is "" which I'd think means it's undetermined at this point in time:
"year":"","model":"m3","vin":"","rn":"RNxxxxxxxxx","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":...

It's probably blank for everyone, but just curious if others have seen it have a value prior to the vin allocation.

Just wondering if when people who recently got vins used the URL https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders to check for a vin did they have the year field in the response filled in saying 2022 before the vin was allocated?

Mine is blank and it kind of makes me nervous when I have a room full of accessories that fit the 2022 Model 3 that they are leaving it open that it might be a slight variation with a 2023 model that they deliver (and who knows what small changes they might make). I'm pretty sure my mid Feb order will come this year but Tesla generally make tweaks between 3rd and 4th quarter from what I've seen.

It has fields like the following which indicate that it's a Model 3 for Australia and my order number (redacted), etc, etc but year is "" which I'd think means it's undetermined at this point in time:
"year":"","model":"m3","vin":"","rn":"RNxxxxxxxxx","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":...

It's probably blank for everyone, but just curious if others have seen it have a value prior to the vin allocation.
It was all blank prior to VIN assignment.

Reactions: danwale
I've been interested in these. Is the colour proper black? Because half of the photos online look black and the other half look a dull grey.

Moderators note: The referral link has been removed from this post as they are not allows on TMC.
Sorry for the late reply, I only just got the notification. These do look quite dark but I think because of how the light bounces off the texture they look more like a charcoal colour. I think when installed they'll look really good, and the texture gives them a premium feel. Here's a photo with a moderately lit room against light tiles:
IMG_20220806_130345.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_130345.jpg
    IMG_20220806_130345.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 72