Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AsiaNZSchedule_2.jpg

Reactions: Snoopy1
VICroads registration. Final payment. The process is super smooth once you get your VIN and have a date booked. Looking forward to seeing the machine after all this time.

Also, after much research I found the cheapest/best insurance was with Qantas Assure. Not affiliated in any way and obviously do your own research but I remember a discussion here a while ago about insureres and which ones people were going with. Some of the quotes from others were double or tripple the price with.

Picked up the machine today and it was worth every excruciating moment. Everything was great. Staff excellent and more than happy to help out with anything.

Just an FYI: For those of you with iPhones… my 11 pro max with a case and it charges nicely in the charger, but my wife’s iPhone 14 pro max doesn’t unless you take the case off! Argh! I’m about to ge the same phone as well. Looks like the case adds just a bit too much distance between the phone and the charger. The Tesla rep tried her 13 Pro Max and it had the same issue. Hmmmmmm. Anyway, would be keen to hear others experiences!

Edit: post written before and after delivery!

Reactions: NoTimeToLose
I’ve noticed recently that some people who have received their M3s earlier this year have been complaining about lack of data points in the car following the chip shortage. Does anyone know if this is still the case with current deliveries?
Yes it's still a thing, the only USB port handling data is the one in the glovebox. Not only did they remove the chip to allow data at the other ports but after an initial delivery that had the wiring loom in place to support a 3rd party upgrade to add it back in they removed it as well in the next deliveries to Australia.
For those that wanted the ports for game controllers they've said that soon Bluetooth connectivity will work.

A hub in the glovebox if you want multiple drives plugged in or a drive that is partitioned to appear as multiple drives in one.

• Informative
Reactions: Mattflow and Priit
Yes it's still a thing, the only USB port handling data is the one in the glovebox. Not only did they remove the chip to allow data at the other ports but after an initial delivery that had the wiring loom in place to support a 3rd party upgrade to add it back in they removed it as well in the next deliveries to Australia.
For those that wanted the ports for game controllers they've said that soon Bluetooth connectivity will work.

A hub in the glovebox if you want multiple drives plugged in or a drive that is partitioned to appear as multiple drives in one.
Cheers!

Im still holding out some very small glimmer of hope that my car might get onto Turandot which would mean I get it early November, otherwise it's going to be end November before its ready in Perth

My mid-Feb order its looking like it'll be pretty much 9.5 months by the time I see it which is pretty much double what the sales advisor told me when I ordered... to say this has been a really hard wait is the understatement of the century

Im still holding out some very small glimmer of hope that my car might get onto Turandot which would mean I get it early November, otherwise it's going to be end November before its ready in Perth

My mid-Feb order its looking like it'll be pretty much 9.5 months by the time I see it which is pretty much double what the sales advisor told me when I ordered... to say this has been a really hard wait is the understatement of the century
Surely news for us soon. Am sad that you have the extra Perth transport time. It has been a long wait.

Reactions: ianhutch1