Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah I mean if they start model y production they will soon start model 3 production. We won't wait much longer.
Model Y-s are easier and cheaper to produce and sell at higher margins, this is why the Model Y production capacity from Shanghai is almost double of Model 3 production capacity. That is also why they get shorter wait times as its more beneficial for Tesla if people swap for they Y-s. Though those of us who actually like 3 more are still left waiting. You can also see that from the new factories in Belin and Texas both only making Y-s to start with.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Hey everyone, just an update to my experience after a few days of driving it around and some quick, poorly taken pics after all work has been finished.

One pedal driving - You get used to it after 20-30mins of properly using it, it is strange at first but honestly can't see myself going back after this, it will be strange if I need to drive a different car 🤣. I think I've used the brake pedal once or twice over my 250km. Also I was thinking..."does the brake light ever get used then? Which I quickly saw at home that when you release the pedal and regen kicks in, the brake lights do actually come on 😅.

Autopilot - I did get the EAP and used it for about 85% of the drive from Sydney to Newcastle. The auto lane change is honestly the best feature of it and the car basically drove itself. I found I was putting to much tension on the wheel and it kept disengaging Autopilot, but finding that sweet spot and everything was great. One thing i did notice was that if a vehicle changed lanes and did sudden braking then autopilot would very quickly disengage (at a distance that I consider far and could easily adapt itself) and i would have to take over.

Audio/Premium Connectivity - I am a bit of an audiophile and let just say I love the car's system. Linked up both Spotify and Tidal and tested differences. Tidal on Hifi is something else, but Spotify sounds great so. I did hotspot the phone as I found it was quicker 5g speeds than the car's LTE connection (still currently on the premium connectivity 30 day trial they give you on delivery day) but I probably will not be renewing it once it expires.

Charging - I used the local supercharger yesterday afternoon, 20% - 80% took 25mins, started at ~130kWh but towards the end dipped lower a bit. One thing i forgot to do was after the charge was done and got to 80%, i went to unplug but it was still locked, had to go back in and unlock charge port from inside (a button on the charging page). Once i pressed that, i was able to unplug. With the current rate @ 0.68/kWh, I charged 38kWh = $25.84.

Oh, I also got my first "Tesla wave" around town 🤣. Hopefully this has helped/given some insight and if anyone has any questions, more than happy to help if I can.

Attachments

• 20220925_112424.jpg
    20220925_112424.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220925_025814.jpg
    20220925_025814.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220924_173527.jpg
    20220924_173527.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220924_172647.jpg
    20220924_172647.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220924_142302.jpg
    20220924_142302.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 34
I’ve tried to stay positive through this whole process but I’m getting so pi$$ed off with Tesla right now…

Seeing MY orders from August which had an estimated delivery of Feb/March next year now getting confirmed delivery dates in early November while us mugs who ordered a M3 in February are still waiting for anything

Man this is so incredibly frustrating

Last edited:
Seeing MY orders from August now getting delivery dates in early November
If you're talking about this guy:
It seems the Shanghai factory is really starting to pump them out now?

Ordered a MY RWD White/White on 04/08/22. Haven't checked in for a few weeks but logged on today and used the status link provided in a previous post. Status has already changed from ORDERED to BOOKED.

Would assume that delivery will come forward from FEB23 ....maybe?
M3 longer outstanding orders should really all be cleared first?
He doesn't have a VIN or delivery window, he is mentioning a change in his source code that doesn't really mean anything.

All the updated EDD that I see are from early/mid June.

If you're talking about this guy:

He doesn't have a VIN or delivery window, he is mentioning a change in his source code that doesn't really mean anything.

All the updated EDD that I see are from early/mid June.
Nope this is someone from the WA Tesla Facebook page

“Ordered MY on 22-08-22 original estimated delivery Feb-Mar 23.
Updated delivery date now 02-16 November”

Reactions: 121Gwatts
Hey everyone, just an update to my experience after a few days of driving it around and some quick, poorly taken pics after all work has been finished.

One pedal driving - You get used to it after 20-30mins of properly using it, it is strange at first but honestly can't see myself going back after this, it will be strange if I need to drive a different car 🤣. I think I've used the brake pedal once or twice over my 250km. Also I was thinking..."does the brake light ever get used then? Which I quickly saw at home that when you release the pedal and regen kicks in, the brake lights do actually come on 😅.

Autopilot - I did get the EAP and used it for about 85% of the drive from Sydney to Newcastle. The auto lane change is honestly the best feature of it and the car basically drove itself. I found I was putting to much tension on the wheel and it kept disengaging Autopilot, but finding that sweet spot and everything was great. One thing i did notice was that if a vehicle changed lanes and did sudden braking then autopilot would very quickly disengage (at a distance that I consider far and could easily adapt itself) and i would have to take over.

Audio/Premium Connectivity - I am a bit of an audiophile and let just say I love the car's system. Linked up both Spotify and Tidal and tested differences. Tidal on Hifi is something else, but Spotify sounds great so. I did hotspot the phone as I found it was quicker 5g speeds than the car's LTE connection (still currently on the premium connectivity 30 day trial they give you on delivery day) but I probably will not be renewing it once it expires.

Charging - I used the local supercharger yesterday afternoon, 20% - 80% took 25mins, started at ~130kWh but towards the end dipped lower a bit. One thing i forgot to do was after the charge was done and got to 80%, i went to unplug but it was still locked, had to go back in and unlock charge port from inside (a button on the charging page). Once i pressed that, i was able to unplug. With the current rate @ 0.68/kWh, I charged 38kWh = $25.84.

Oh, I also got my first "Tesla wave" around town 🤣. Hopefully this has helped/given some insight and if anyone has any questions, more than happy to help if I can.
Great pics and some awesome modifications, Where did you order the spoiler and the side skirtings from, could you post a link to the items?

I’ve tried to stay positive through this whole process but I’m getting so pi$$ed off with Tesla right now…

Seeing MY orders from August which had an estimated delivery of Feb/March next year now getting confirmed delivery dates in early November while us mugs who ordered a M3 in February are still waiting for anything

Man this is so incredibly frustrating
Oh well like any ordinary family there is always a favourite golden child. Unfortunately he is not always the first Child.

Anyways I am sure we will get the M3s this quarter.

Reactions: Gokk
Oh well like any ordinary family there is always a favourite golden child. Unfortunately he is not always the first Child.

Anyways I am sure we will get the M3s this quarter.
there is no doubt about M3s this quarter. there were M3s last quarter too. the question is more about how many. last quarter they only managed to get to early Feb. hope they cover Feb and March this quarter and also into April orders (and that is all M3s, not just LR and Ps). if Tesla want to clear the backlog or even keep the wait time same for new orders, they have to clear at least two months worth of M3 orders this quarter. thats not much to ask from Tesla is it?

Reactions: Snoopy1
there is no doubt about M3s this quarter. there were M3s last quarter too. the question is more about how many. last quarter they only managed to get to early Feb. hope they cover Feb and March this quarter and also into April orders (and that is all M3s, not just LR and Ps). if Tesla want to clear the backlog or even keep the wait time same for new orders, they have to clear at least two months worth of M3 orders this quarter. thats not much to ask from Tesla is it?
I am guessing Tesla deliberately delayed RWD and focused on higher margin/price products in the last quarter to make up the lost revenue from upgrading plants. It won't be an issue for them this quarter hence what you mentioned above won't be too much to ask.

I am guessing Tesla deliberately delayed RWD and focused on higher margin/price products in the last quarter to make up the lost revenue from upgrading plants. It won't be an issue for them this quarter hence what you mentioned above won't be too much to ask.
1) let's not forget all those people who were waiting since NOV/Dec in the last batch.

2) with the upgrades complete, production slowly ramping up and Non-Quarantine Quarters to meet demand - Boundless positivity abounds that we'll be seeing more and more cars now

Reactions: Missimpatient
1) let's not forget all those people who were waiting since NOV/Dec in the last batch.

2) with the upgrades complete, production slowly ramping up and Non-Quarantine Quarters to meet demand - Boundless positivity abounds that we'll be seeing more and more cars now
Yep but let's not forget Tesla did left the
cheapest variant of all lines - the RWD M3s alone behind, while there are certainly enough parts and labourers. Model y, Long Range and Performance orders have both fulfilled extensively.

There are no excuses mate, just business decisions here. If they wanted to make, they could have made.

Last edited: