Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those still looking at finance options, Credit Union have a "Green Car Loan" at 4.49% right now.

I have no idea what they are like as a bank though.

View attachment 867899
I would recommend against peoples choice. I'm currently with them and they are notorious for being difficult to deal with to obtain a loan and they have a lot of outages.

I got pre approval through beyond bank and they were easy to deal with. It took two days from application to pre approval with them

Given the fact that Don Juan will be docking Shanghai this weekend, hope is fading if majority of RWD are still not on the production line. Seeing some Mar order got VINed yet my SA still keep BSing "VIN storm coming in these 2 weeks" which make me even angrier:mad: TESLA at least need to explain how this queueing game work!
Why would hope be fading? Three more ships scheduled up until mid November according to armacup which would match up to the export schedule which usually switches to domestic production towards the end of the 3rd week of November.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Didn't take too long for this chat to circle back around to people talking about getting lawyers involved. Smh. It's a luxury car, not a kidney transplant. Be disappointed, be sad, but getting angry and wanting to get lawyers involved, get some perspective on life already
It's people like you that stop people like me (lawyers) being invited to parties :p

So if we ordered our Model 3 back in say Feb - April, would the new Model 3's be the 2023 Model?

According to VINs being issued at the moment they are the 2022 model

It appears that the cars being delivered in the US without the ultrasonic sensors are labeled as 2023, and the cars being delivered right now with ultrasonic senors are labeled as 2022.

My bet is that when Shanghai changes to no sensors, the year will change.

Didn't take too long for this chat to circle back around to people talking about getting lawyers involved. Smh. It's a luxury car, not a kidney transplant. Be disappointed, be sad, but getting angry and wanting to get lawyers involved, get some perspective on life already
Absolutely people need a reality check. A large amount of Australia is at risk of flood on a monthly basis currently with people losing there homes. The pople mentioning lawyers need to remember Tesla has an option to cancel your order if you're not happy waiting

A question while we wait.
Does anyone know how many Tesla's are being sold each month in Australia by state. Trying to guestimate the time line from order to delivery. Also I suspect the orders will flood in the next week or so as FBT exemption becomes law and people digest the increasing costs of fuel on their budgets.

Given the fact that Don Juan will be docking Shanghai this weekend, hope is fading if majority of RWD are still not on the production line. Seeing some Mar order got VINed yet my SA still keep BSing "VIN storm coming in these 2 weeks" which make me even angrier:mad: TESLA at least need to explain how this queueing game work!
I wonder if the new processes for assigning VINs are more fluid.

There was a discussion here a while back about how they build - if I recall they build to the demand of each spec, but they don’t go as far as build-to-order. If this is the case, they build X number of red colour RWD, Y number of blue, etc etc. They get them on to ships.

Because they’re not build-to-order the assignment of VIN to order could happen any time before or after the ship has sailed.

What might be important for ships that dock at multiple ports (like the Don Juan) is the order in which the collection of cars are loaded on to the RORO ships. If 10-20 blue RWD’s are needed for Melbourne, and they have to be loaded on to the ship first because Melbourne is the last stop, they might be more likely to be allocated to an order. But there still could be no direct correlation between destination and order assignment.

All speculation.

I’m not entirely sure how RORO ships work, but I assume they don’t unload / reload cars at ports in order to get other cars out.

To be honest, I think it’s quite a logistical wonder how they could allocate a VIN to an order before a ship has sailed at all. The order cars are loaded on (thinking about the WuWa videos here) must be really well coordinated.

I think we should let the issue go and cut a bit of slack to our colleagues who hit the wall and want to shout out a rant. After all we have the choice to let it slide and accept it was a rant and not pile in for an argument. Then a few posts later the page turns and we move on.
Yes the world is full of problems...but perspective like poverty is relative. I am pretty sure our reality to perspective is far different to those sleeping rough every night who could question every one of our posts as get a grip on reality.
This forum is to discuss Tesla and the issues we are dealing with while we wait.
It is not a political or social forum where discussions on perspective and social justice would be appropriate.
i just think let it be and welcome our friend who raised the lawyer rant and our other friend who responded to join in the wait with us and move on to happier topics like
VIN Thursday! Happy day everyone.