Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my experience so far and I have a long-range with the order finalised on 2 December. I did order earlier but changed the colour.

I have my VIN, estimated delivery date, and already paid the invoice. I received the invoice about the time ship left Shanghai for Australia.

Now I have a paid service where I can track ships. But what I suggest you do is keep an eye on the port of Shanghai and in particular the picture I have posted. I believe it is here where the Teslas are loaded. But you will not know the destination of the ships until they leave port. That should give you a fair indication of the location of your vehicle.

Currently, there is a ship heading toward Australia from this location. I could be wrong, but I would think that most who have vehicles on the ship would have their VIN number and either received an invoice or it is coming very soon.

I wish Tesla themselves were more forthcoming on information so as to avoid so much uncertainty among those waiting for vehicles.View attachment 759732
would you have an idea of approx Sail time from Shanghai to Australia

1643083168140.png

IF ANYONE FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA, if you're interested, Go for it.

Reactions: DAL333
C9B5B0D8-EB3C-4BF2-819C-6DDE423CC38A.png

I’ve only just noticed watching some 2022 M3 videos today, the door trim has been changed for 2022. I thought at first it may have just been American vehicles but looking at the website it’s the same. So alcantra or similar instead of the continued wood/white. I think it looks nice where it comes to a point though.

View attachment 759849
I’ve only just noticed watching some 2022 M3 videos today, the door trim has been changed for 2022. I thought at first it may have just been American vehicles but looking at the website it’s the same. So alcantra or similar instead of the continued wood/white. I think it looks nice where it comes to a point though.
Scratch that - I just looked at the photos of the one I rented and I think I was incorrect above 😂

I think the only ones with VIN's are from November 2021, I have a VIN but was lucky enough to get a cancellation. I think they allocated mine from one of the people who ordered in Oct-Nov, so wouldn't count that as an LR VIN from December order.
I ordered an LR Red Model 3 with a White Interior back in Nov. Within 4 weeks it was ready for payment. Sadly my bank was dragging its heels. I asked Tesla for an extra 2 days (on top of the week they allow for payment), but they said no. The car was given to someone else, and sure enough, 2 days later I had the cash.

I've since ordered the same model on 1/12 (8-12 week wait quoted at the time). No VIN or updates from Tesla yet.

I guess on the bright side, now it'll be a 2022 build and hopefully have the Ryzen chip. TBH that is a better outcome than getting it a few months earlier.

Why would that not be allocated to somebody waiting for a VIN for a similar car? Is it old stock with old computer?

Approx factory gate 08-Jan-2022

You better hope not :)

This is likely someone who failed finance or have pulled out for any various reasons. That car is still on the same ship that just left CN

Why would that not be allocated to somebody waiting for a VIN for a similar car? Is it old stock with old computer?
I don't think they are old tech. What happens is - when someone cancels the order after the VIN allocation, the car goes to existing inventory until SA allocate that car to the queue. If you are smart enough to grab it in that narrow window, that car is YOURS.