Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the context of the question

You need to apply to get the stamp duty reimbursed
Check this out: SA, Vic and NSW proposed EV road user charge

NSW RWD owners might want to check with your SA whether this is correct in case you later have difficulty with claiming it back. Based on the wording of the Act I can foresee that when the cars arrive at the Tesla centre and they actually to go register them that they'll be told that there is no Stamp Duty.

Check this out: SA, Vic and NSW proposed EV road user charge

NSW RWD owners might want to check with your SA whether this is correct in case you later have difficulty with claiming it back. Based on the wording of the Act I can foresee that when the cars arrive at the Tesla centre and they actually to go register them that they'll be told that there is no Stamp Duty.
Sorry but this is not true I'm confident we have options to claim back the stamp duty(for NSW, not sure about other states though). I had confirmed this with my SA and also have an account setup for this which shows both the options for applying i.e. Stamp duty off and rebate. Cheers!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 59
What state is this for?
NSW

Reactions: rgc1990
NSW
So without going through the thread, it should be an automatic reduction by the registering authority, or claimed by Tesla direct with no impact on the consumer?

Link is to the relevant post, not the start of the thread.

No duty is payable therefore shouldn't be collected from the purchaser by the seller.
Oh, awesome! Thanks @Nobody Famous

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were linking specific.

In the case of financing, should this benefit myself as a borrower for deposit or principal? Do I get an option?

My finance was approved on the basis of my deposit and financed amount with stamp duty accounted for.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Reactions: Nobody Famous

In the case of financing, should this benefit myself as a borrower for deposit or principal? Do I get an option?

My finance was approved on the basis of my deposit and financed amount with stamp duty accounted for.

Im in the same situation, curious to know as well.

Reactions: rgc1990

I had just assumed it would be:

1. Pay for car in full (including stamp duty) using funds/finance/trade-in.
2. Apply for rebate through the government website
3. Use funds as needed (for me - paint protection/tinting/insurance, or pay off part of the loan depending speed of the rebate)

Having read the legislation, we really should see it deducted from the final invoice reducing the lend/cost rather than receiving it afterwards, but I have a feeling that's just not going to happen.