Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you in NSW who have invoices from Tesla in 2022, can you please confirm whether there is Stamp Duty being charged on the invoice?
I don't have my final invoice yet, but a document called a 'pro forma invoice' issued at the time of ordering includes stamp duty of $2770
further to other comments above, I think that is usually levied on the purchaser rather than the vendor
I'll be following up the charge and seeing what I have to do about getting rid of it
no biggie if I have to ask for it back, but that should be unnecessary

Sorry but this is not true I'm confident we have options to claim back the stamp duty(for NSW, not sure about other states though). I had confirmed this with my SA and also have an account setup for this which shows both the options for applying i.e. Stamp duty off and rebate. Cheers!
Hi , I’m New here.
I’ve picked up my car on 2/12 at at Chatswood. and via this portal had to make 2 lodgments to claim funds back. 1 for the Rebate , 2nd for the Stamo duty. You need to create an account. You get your funds back in 14 days roughly.
If you have the LR , you will only get to claim the Stamp Duty , as you pass the threshold for a Rebate.

I think the only ones with VIN's are from November 2021, I have a VIN but was lucky enough to get a cancellation. I think they allocated mine from one of the people who ordered in Oct-Nov, so wouldn't count that as an LR VIN from December order.
It’s a mixed bag of order dates with vins, as expected, from lots of different dates including late December.

It all depends on what has been built or planned to be built in the quarter, confirming order dates mean very little for vin assignment.

Reactions: Kevsaccount
do you know if RWD are built first and then LR models. I can't see many LR people here got their VINs. Although RWD ordered in Dec got VINs
Hi Dan

I initially ordered my LR mid-November but changed the color in the first week of December. This apparently changes the order date. I do have the VIN and invoice. It is like Vedaprime says, some things obviously don't make sense but the next ship from China will only be a week or two behind the first.

Also, you may still get your VIN any day. Has Tesla given you an estimated delivery window? This should also give you some indication of whether you're on the first or second ship.

I think, and this is my opinion only, that if you have an estimated two-week delivery window from early February you are most likely on the first ship but if your window goes into March probably more likely on the ship following.

Hi Dan

I initially ordered my LR mid-November but changed the color in the first week of December. This apparently changes the order date. I do have the VIN and invoice. It is like Vedaprime says, some things obviously don't make sense but the next ship from China will only be a week or two behind the first.

Also, you may still get your VIN any day. Has Tesla given you an estimated delivery window? This should also give you some indication of whether you're on the first or second ship.

I think, and this is my opinion only, that if you have an estimated two-week delivery window from early February you are most likely on the first ship but if your window goes into March probably more likely on the ship following.

Hi,

No, there is no delivery timeframe in my Tesla account. We'll wait. I've seen that some LR got VIN at the beginning of the previous week and nothing since then...