Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a similar response over the phone yesterday. The app still shows 8-12 weeks.

---
M3LR
White/Black
OD: 19/11
VIN: N/A
Melbourne
my page has never changed since I started checking

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 11.14.50 am.png

Reactions: tagpro
It seems like a complete lottery. I have been driving for 29 years and had no reported accidents and live in reasonable area on the Sunshine Coast. Youi wanted $1450 even though I have 3 other insurance policies with them. Another two companies said similar, until I called NRMA and they gave me what seems a good deal; fully comp with unlimited rental car and windscreen cover and an excess of $800 for $660 annually.

I will be pulling all policies from Youi for being such twats. I am local to Youi, been with them for years and it seems they have no scruples, no claims bonus discount or loyalty scheme.
NRMA updated their original quote for me. It's now down to $891 annually which I'm pretty happy about. Almost half of the original quote.

Reactions: DrewBytes
Have you noticed how the timeframe is always “a week or two”

Has been since early January lol
Liars!

:)

I can remember Vedaprime used to say (no offence here and we really appreciate your work) 1-3 weeks for the VINs to be allocated. The third week was the last week.

Last week I contacted my SA and was advised he had been just off the phone with Shanghai and LR orders should be allocated between 7th-11th of Feb (still for 4 days to go). At the same time few people here have been advised by SA's orders should be allocated BEFORE 7th of Feb

Now some SAs say another 1 or 2 weeks. Total mess and never should be like that. There is only one correct info and what we've got from SAs is ...

"red light green light" game

Last edited:
Reactions: karlos22
Yeah I've got feeling delivery for mine will be May I ordered 15/12 and says 14-20 weeks, sales rep cant tell me if I will be getting a vin so I guess its just a longer wait now :(
Interesting. I thought the cut off was "supposed" to be around 20/12 as that's when wait times changed to 14-20 weeks. My Tesla rep even mentioned that. I ordered 12/12 and hope that I can get the car Q1 this year. So difficult to plan as I need to sell the missus's Audi

So the cars are not on the boat yet?
My SA said "the car is not built yet" but he also said I should get an invoice within 2 weeks. They told me a week ago that I should have my delivery mid Feb to early March.

I think they don't know everything as well and have a general idea of what's happening. The best they can say is 1 to 2 weeks everytime so we don't lash out on them haha. We are their dogs and are on a 1-2 weeks leash. Can't do anything about it. Just waiting for our treat in the end (which is a M3)

EDIT: One of the people getting their invoice here said that their build date is 10/01/22 so I am assuming it is built but not assigned.

:)

I can remember Vedaprime used to say (no offence here and we really appreciate your work) 1-3 weeks for the VINs to be allocated. The third week was the last week.

Last week I contacted my SA and was advised he had been just off the phone with Shanghai and LR orders should be allocated between 7th-11th of Feb (still for 4 days to go). At the same time few people here have been advised by SA's orders should be allocated BEFORE 7th of Feb

Now some SAs say another 1 or 2 weeks. Total mess and never should be like that. There is only one correct info and what we've got from SAs is ...

"red light green light" game
Historically, vins are allocated up to about to the end of first week of feb. They are late. We know they all aren’t out yet And there could still be more after. very few build dates have been allocated compared to other quarters.

• Informative
Reactions: karlos22
Interesting. I thought the cut off was "supposed" to be around 20/12 as that's when wait times changed to 14-20 weeks. My Tesla rep even mentioned that. I ordered 12/12 and hope that I can get the car Q1 this year. So difficult to plan as I need to sell the missus's Audi
This was incorrect information circulating.

order dates mean very little in the vin allocation process.

Spoke to my SA and he indicated that there was a massive backlog of admin information awaiting inputting into the system on the factory end.

He also weirdly mentioned that the Australian staff are going to be inputting data/allocations this quarter in order to help the factory catch up.
Mentioned Chinese New Year as a reason...?
Confirmed I was definitely Q1, and that he expects the VIN and further detail by this Friday.

Side note:
He originally said next 1-2 weeks at beginning of call, but then he saw the date for this Friday and said, "actually, no, will be by this Friday".
Could be BS, or could be that they have been told allocations will be completed this week.

Spoke to my SA and he indicated that there was a massive backlog of admin information awaiting inputting into the system on the factory end.

He also weirdly mentioned that the Australian staff are going to be inputting data/allocations this quarter in order to help the factory catch up.
Mentioned Chinese New Year as a reason...?
Confirmed I was definitely Q1, and that he expects the VIN and further detail by this Friday.

Side note:
He originally said next 1-2 weeks at beginning of call, but then he saw the date for this Friday and said, "actually, no, will be by this Friday".
Could be BS, or could be that they have been told allocations will be completed this week.
Very interesting, do you mind sharing what & when you ordered? Thanks

My first post 👋

M3RWD
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black
OD: 24/12
EDD: 18/2 to 8/3
Vin: Has been provided on the paperwork
Delivery: Osborne Park (WA)

At the time of ordering the estimate was 14-20 weeks. When I received my first EDD, it was March 6 - March 20, however last weekend it was updated to Feb 18 - March 8. Looks like actual delivery will be 8 - 11 weeks from order unless there are delays.

Do Shanghai built M3s get delivered to Sydney via ship and then to Perth via road?

Reactions: tagpro
My first post 👋

M3RWD
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black
OD: 24/12
EDD: 18/2 to 8/3
Vin: Has been provided on the paperwork
Delivery: Osborne Park (WA)

At the time of ordering the estimate was 14-20 weeks. When I received my first EDD, it was March 6 - March 20, however last weekend it was updated to Feb 18 - March 8. Looks like actual delivery will be 8 - 11 weeks from order unless there are delays.

Do Shanghai built M3s get delivered to Sydney via ship and then to Perth via road?
Seriously this is next level, O GOD 😂🤣