Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3 LR with Blue paint and FSD a few days ago when it still said 18-20 Weeks. Does anyone know if the 5-7 months will apply retroactively or if it will still be around the original time period?
So keen, don't want to wait the extra time!

Ordered my M3 LR with Blue paint and FSD a few days ago when it still said 18-20 Weeks. Does anyone know if the 5-7 months will apply retroactively or if it will still be around the original time period?
I ordered when it showed 8-12 weeks and 14-20 weeks were applied to me and many orders here who ordered LR. Hope it won't apply to you but it can happen

So my SA finally responded. Looks like most LR orders still have not received their VIN allocations.

Good Morning Matthew,

Sorry for the late reply. I was off during the week last week and didn’t get back to Admin work until yesterday, so thank you for reaching out and putting this in front of me right now.

I have just opened up you account and it looks like you still aren’t matched to a VIN, which looks like a normal situation for many Long Range customers currently as the final vessel hasn’t finished its matching process.

I have reached out to my colleagues in the operations department and they have confirmed the final vessel is in the final stages of VIN matching.

I have just put an alert on your account for when that happens, and put a outlook event in my calendar to reach out to confirm this on Friday morning at 11am.

If you have any further questions, please let me know Matthew.
Final vessel? Which specific vessel? M3 LR WHT/BLK OD:4/12/2021 VIN:N/A EDD:N/A

Hey Fam,

Here's my order deets, and I'm located in Melbourne, VIC

Model 3 RWD
Ext: White 18"
Int: Black
Order Date: 21/12/21
VIN: LRW3F7FS5NCxxxxxxx (Assigned on 15/02/22)
Build Date: 08/02/22
Final Invoice: Recieved 15/02/22
EDD: March 16-24 (Mulgrave, Victoria)

Hope y'all get your order deets soon!

Lesssgo

While we're all waiting on delivery... anyone getting paint protection for their Model 3? Is it worthwhile?
That depends on what you are planning to do with the car, as well as the cost.

Is it worth spending 3k on a 60k car? Probably not.

Normally I do my own paint protection twice a year, but this time I am going to go for a “cheap” ceramic coat at under 1k - as I live in an apartment for the moment.

Its impossible to tell, especially this early. the cut off for Q1 as an example was 20/12/2021 (where it changed from 8-12 to 12-16 or something like this) however there has been cases of ppl ordering in early Jan that now has VIN assigned as well as customers ordering in early Nov. that dont have a VIN yet. LRs and Ps seem to attract longer wait times however odd configs, aka blue (yes blue seems to be less frequently selected colour) attract shorter wait times. These are my general observations that have played out over the course of my Q1 wait.

Reactions: sdca
Its impossible to tell, especially this early. the cut off for Q1 as an example was 20/12/2021 (where it changed from 8-12 to 12-16 or something like this) however there has been cases of ppl ordering in early Jan that now has VIN assigned as well as customers ordering in early Nov. that dont have a VIN yet. LRs and Ps seem to attract longer wait times however odd configs, aka blue (yes blue seems to be less frequently selected colour) attract shorter wait times. These are my general observations that have played out over the course of my Q1 wait.
If you ordered right before the so called "cutoff", they can indeed retroactively change your date estimate. I happened to order on 20/12/2021, a few hours before the EDD changed from 8-12 to 14-20 weeks, and the date displayed on my order stayed as 8-12 for a few more days before also changing to 14-20 weeks.

But the date of the estimate changing isn't really a reliable indicator anyway, as there are LR orders from early Dec (2 weeks before the estimate changing) still with no VIN, and SR orders from Jan (2 weeks after estimate changing) with a VIN.

So my SA finally responded. Looks like most LR orders still have not received their VIN allocations.

Good Morning Matthew,

Sorry for the late reply. I was off during the week last week and didn’t get back to Admin work until yesterday, so thank you for reaching out and putting this in front of me right now.

I have just opened up you account and it looks like you still aren’t matched to a VIN, which looks like a normal situation for many Long Range customers currently as the final vessel hasn’t finished its matching process.

I have reached out to my colleagues in the operations department and they have confirmed the final vessel is in the final stages of VIN matching.

I have just put an alert on your account for when that happens, and put a outlook event in my calendar to reach out to confirm this on Friday morning at 11am.

If you have any further questions, please let me know Matthew.
You get much better responses than my SA... my SA basically told me to shut up and wait.

Hi, once we receive an update from Tesla they will advise and it will be updated in your account. Fingers crossed we have something soon!
I mean... he makes it sound like he doesn't even work at Tesla. Completely useless.

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld
You get much better responses than my SA... my SA basically told me to shut up and wait.

I mean... he makes it sound like he doesn't even work at Tesla. Completely useless.
Similar experience to my SA, he was quite rude when I tried asking the whereabouts of my car actually so I've resorted to finding out myself. I've been monitoring this forum and Veda's discord since!

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld

Honestly I sympathise with them, they probably don't know much more on the logistics side of things than we do. Their main role is probably to answer typical consumers about questions regarding car functionality, but more enthusiast level people like us crave more than that (understandably :p). What good would it do to them to deliberately withhold info from us? Judging from what they sent you, they're doing their best to provide reassurance without providing any false hope, which is better than giving straight up wrong info.

Reactions: chengmento
I am guessing that the Morning Clara is the final vessel which is in Shanghai port loading/about to be loaded with 3's bound for OZ
So we are thinking the SA meant the "final vessel" for the quarter . OK. It's surprising that 2 vessels only had RWDs on them but that would make sense from an old fashioned efficient production run batch p.o.v.. Interesting to note that Electronic Messiah hasn't disrupted the **** out of that.

Similar experience to my SA, he was quite rude when I tried asking the whereabouts of my car actually so I've resorted to finding out myself. I've been monitoring this forum and Veda's discord since!
I had a good experience with my SA. I called yesterday and he immediately recognised me without even me telling my name. And he started talking about my previous queries when I ordered, current order status and when should I start making the payment.
Basically, I only said, thanks to him .. rest he told me all by himself :D :D

So we are thinking the SA meant the "final vessel" for the quarter . OK. It's surprising that 2 vessels only had RWDs on them but that would make sense from an old fashioned efficient production run batch p.o.v.. Interesting to note that Electronic Messiah hasn't disrupted the **** out of that.
Nope the deliveries that are currently happening now (ie) those picking up cars have also included LR. It seems that some that ordered LR's back in late 2021 are still yet to get VIN's etc. My SA told me today there is a large backlog for deliveries. Also the 5-7 months is probably more like 7 months but there will be outliers that receive beforehand from cancelled orders.

I had a good experience with my SA. I called yesterday and he immediately recognised me without even me telling my name. And he started talking about my previous queries when I ordered, current order status and when should I start making the payment.
Basically, I only said, thanks to him .. rest he told me all by himself :D :D
I got the short end of the stick with my order experience unfortunately. RWD white/white build date 8/1 with no sms text still (and slipping EDD). I've seen someone in Brisbane with the exact same config and build date taking their delivery on 18/1! Just my luck 😂