Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was watching a video last night that stated the hit when going from 18's to 19's was about 24km of range.

Also as some added info, I got a quote for replacing the standard tires for the 19" rims on the LR and was told between $366 to $500 per corner. Them 20's will hit hard at tire time.

Reactions: TheRug80
Another day passes, no update

I need to stress I COULD be wrong here, but with legacy81’s update yesterday I don’t see how it can be anything else.

Hopefully updates soon, everyone. In theory it’ll be finished loading now and be on the way to Japan, but that’s TBC.

Another day passes, no update

I need to stress I COULD be wrong here, but with legacy81’s update yesterday I don’t see how it can be anything else.

Hopefully updates soon, everyone. In theory it’ll be finished loading now and be on the way to Japan, but that’s TBC.
Going by when I got my updated edd and hidden vin, it was on the 12th April, 2 days after the boat docked in japan

What sort of range hit do you get with the 20"?
By accident I found this thread, I'll quote it for you and send you the link.

In the Model Y EPA Application, Tesla listed the dynamometer set coefficients for the three wheel and tire combinations available for the 2020 Model Y Performance. These coefficients are used to set the dyno for the EPA testing. They tell the dyno how much force to use to mimic the aerodynamic drag on the vehicle because it is stationary during the test. The coefficients are on page 20 of this document: Basic Search | Document Index System | US EPA.

I plotted just the road load force in this thread, but the below graph shows the percent difference in efficiency or range when comparing the three options.

It is important to note that this data is only applicable for constant speed driving, such as on the highway. When accelerating and decelerating, heavier wheel and tire combinations will use more energy that is not included here. That means that if city driving efficiency were added to this highway driving efficiency data, the disparity between the options would be a little larger.

Also, using different tires will affect these results.

To summarize, at a constant 75 mph [121 kph]:
  • Range with 21's will be 7% less than with the 20's
  • Range with 20's will be 7% less than with the 19's
  • Range with 21's will be 14% less than with the 19's

Reactions: TheRug80
Ordered M3LR white / white on 23rd March.

Got matched on Tuesday with a 20 May - 10 June EDD, however since changed to black interior to get the WA EV rebate.

Date disappeared, now back to Mar-Apr ETA on the app.

I see there's a bunch of M3LRs now showing in inventory now too.

• Love
Reactions: Jules22
Ordered M3LR white / white on 23rd March.

Got matched on Tuesday with a 20 May - 10 June EDD, however since changed to black interior to get the WA EV rebate.

Date disappeared, now back to Mar-Apr ETA on the app.

I see there's a bunch of M3LRs now showing in inventory now too.
I can’t work out why the white white has an earlier date, my logic is only that it’s right at the start of the production queue for the next vessel, being the Salvia Ace which appears to be delayed in port

A lot of this is assumption and guesswork though.