Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are speaking of recent ships.. All could be easily identified by tracking Shanghai port and destinations.
100% agree. Take the recent 3 ships in Q1 as a good example:
  • Since mid-late Jan, People started sharing in here & FB groups their M3 built dates from 08/01 - 11/01, after receiving the final invoices
  • Then these people all got two types of EDD - mid to late Feb (08/01 - 09/01 built dates) & late Feb to early Mar (10/01 - 11/01 built dates)
  • So these cars must be carried via 2 ships from Shanghai -> Brisbane -> PK
  • In these timeframe, only 2 ships fits well into this route - Midas carried 08/01 + 09/01 built cars, while Crystal carried 10/01 + 11/01 cars
  • Earlier this month, people started sharing getting built dates of 07/02 - 09/02, with EDD mid-late Mar
  • Again, only Clara ship fits this time/ports
I am not a Veda subscriber, but I can easily figure out the above ships details, so does any regular members of this forum or FB M3 groups.

Reactions: GilR
What I really want to say is, without people who pay, and keep all the info a secret as long as they are members, the service will die.
I also want to add - without people sharing their accurate M3 built dates & EDD's via the paid Veda forum or free TMC/FB forums, I believe Veda will not be able to accurately identify a ship leaving Shanghai in first half of each quarter, designated for BRIS/PK, whether there are any M3's onboard the ship, or simply full of other Chinese made cars such as MG/GWM cars/utes.

So in my view, if Veda is crowd-sourcing accurate M3 order details from its subscribers and TMC/FB forums in the purpose of accurately identifying ships carrying M3's to PK, then the services should be free (or discounted) for those members who had contributed their order details.

I also want to add - without people sharing their accurate M3 built dates & EDD's via the paid Veda forum or free TMC/FB forums, I believe Veda will not be able to accurately identify a ship leaving Shanghai in first half of each quarter, designated for BRIS/PK, whether there are any M3's onboard the ship, or simply full of other Chinese made cars such as MG/GWM cars/utes.

So in my view, if Veda is crowd-sourcing accurate M3 order details from its subscribers and TMC/FB forums in the purpose of accurately identifying ships carrying M3's to PK, then the services should be free (or discounted) for those members who had contributed their order details.
I don't believe that is the case, Veda has access to information on the ships manifests.

100% agree. Take the recent 3 ships in Q1 as a good example:
  • Since mid-late Jan, People started sharing in here & FB groups their M3 built dates from 08/01 - 11/01, after receiving the final invoices
  • Then these people all got two types of EDD - mid to late Feb (08/01 - 09/01 built dates) & late Feb to early Mar (10/01 - 11/01 built dates)
  • So these cars must be carried via 2 ships from Shanghai -> Brisbane -> PK
  • In these timeframe, only 2 ships fits well into this route - Midas carried 08/01 + 09/01 built cars, while Crystal carried 10/01 + 11/01 cars
  • Earlier this month, people started sharing getting built dates of 07/02 - 09/02, with EDD mid-late Mar
  • Again, only Clara ship fits this time/ports
I am not a Veda subscriber, but I can easily figure out the above ships details, so does any regular members of this forum or FB M3 groups.
Good for you for all the work. The service is not for everyone, and your analysis is close but not 100% here.

This thread needs to go back to the waiting rather than having a whinge.

Today my EDD updated from 19/02 - 05/03 to 19/02 - 27/02, so delivery is definitely happening next week, so excited & will keep my phone handy tomorrow & Sat for the delivery SMS 😀

Anyone else got the EDD update? (I'm picking up in Alexandria/Sydney)

You have missed the point of the entire service. Let's keep it to the waiting rather than go on to off topic rants.

hi, how to run this code to check stock?
Just run it in any shell (linux bash/macos zsh/fish/windows subsystem for linux). You would need to have jq package installed (yum install jq / brew install jq / apt install jq, depending on your environment). If there are any cars available, it'll show table with data, otherwise nothing.

This thread needs to go back to the waiting rather than having a whinge.
Let's keep it to the waiting rather than go on to off topic rants.
None of my comments were "whinge" or "rants", instead just tried my best to provide guides/info for people in this forum who want to track their pending M3 orders via all the freely available online sources. As in your words - "your analysis is close", for identifying Tesla ships bound for PK in the 1st 2 months of each quarter, as whether it was 100%, I'll leave it to the people who have a Q2 EDD and don't want to subscribe to a paid service to try it out. then share their feedback/learning for the Q3 EDD folks, so on & so forth. This is the true spirit of an online forum, isn't it?

For those time-poor members who relied on your closed/paid tracking services, good work on keep the service alive!

Last edited:
I do find it curious that people spending $60k - $100k on a car might get annoyed about being told to subscribe to a $15 service. The service is clearly providing value to people (note I haven’t yet subscribed). No need to get annoyed - just don’t subscribe. But don’t expect people to go to the trouble of providing you with the information for free.

Maybe this is just #waitingforteslasyndrome 😂