Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From X-CAR Tesla Model 3 on Amazon. Quality feels fine, thick and heavy; unfolded itself quite quickly and very little rubber smell, I can only tell when putting my nose close to it. I hated the rubber smell from the all-weather floor mats in my previous car, took 3 months for it to dissipate.
$119 for interior floor front and back seats; $99 for front and back cargo areas. The pattern is a little different from the advertised picture but doesn't bother me, actually looks a little better.
I bought the same mats and they arrived very quickly too.

Reactions: MAXPOiNT
Am I right that there is no easy way to charge the phone in this holder? Looks like it could be installed to the right of the steering wheel, and nearest USB port is in central console
Yeah, it installs at the edge of the dash so you’d have to run a cable and it would ruin the ‘look’. I don’t know how often I’ll even use this with most things required are on the screen and there are wireless chargers in the console area. I think it was a first purchase back on November.

Have you noticed any squeaks/creaks from the car when driving on substandard roads or bumps?
Not yet (350km total travelled though).

There is one gripe I have with this car and that's the general maneuverability in relation to parking or getting through tighter spaces. The Model 3 has what I class as a pretty poor turning circle. If you are coming from a car which is relatively easy to turn (VW Polo for me) then be prepared for frustration as you no doubt wrestle back and forwards at times. Not something which would ruin the experience of owning it by any means, but not something I was prepared for personally.

There is one gripe I have with this car and that's the general maneuverability in relation to parking or getting through tighter spaces. The Model 3 has what I class as a pretty poor turning circle. If you are coming from a car which is relatively easy to turn (VW Polo for me) then be prepared for frustration as you no doubt wrestle back and forwards at times. Not something which would ruin the experience of owning it by any means, but not something I was prepared for personally.
Are you really coming from a Polo too?! 😂😂 Kev, we might have been separated at birth! Give or take a few years!

Reactions: Kevsaccount
There is one gripe I have with this car and that's the general maneuverability in relation to parking or getting through tighter spaces. The Model 3 has what I class as a pretty poor turning circle.
Yes i am well aware of this but good reminder, all my recent cars have had great turning circles. I am in a townhouse complex which has tight maneuvering. I did test drive this at home especially as it was my only major concern. I can put up with the rest.

Nice! How was your experience?

I rocked up 10min early and they were fine with letting me in the car. Was gone by 12:01 pm, then had yesterday off on annual to just drive around :)

How are you finding your car?

What's the pick up experience like in Canberra?
I heard they are all parked at the Canberra Centre. Is this true?

Seems like they're parked in some warehouse in Melbourne, so not sure there's enough room in the Canberra Centre for all the cars.

Can't wait!
Morning Clara position as of this morning

1645140891160.png

I think this point is pretty valid for those coming from a compact cars, like a lot of those living in big cities do, however it’s not really surprising.

The Model 3 has more than 40cm extra in its wheelbase over a Polo and nearly 80cm in overall length.

The turning circle is pretty comparable to other medium sedans like the Camry A4, 3 series and C class etc. which are all between 11.2 and 11.7, compared to 10.6 for the polo.

The things that I’ve found super useful on my Model 3 are the sensors and the cameras. The fact that I know exactly how many CM from something often really surprises me as I think I’m out of room but the numbers don’t lie.

The rear view and side view cameras are also way better than anything else I’ve been in.

Once I got used to utilising these functions I found the model 3 so easy to park that I rarely even bother using auto park unless I want to show off a party trick to a fried

Good to hear, turning circle not a huge issue for me as I am coming from a large vehicle.

With this long wait for my LR which I ordered mid Jan, I am having second thoughts about Pearl white (first white car) but no way will I go to the back of the queue.

minor changes on Tesla reservation page - looks like some legalese
Code:
-  "By accepting delivery, I confirm I have taken delivery of my ##model## on or before ##date## and I agree with my final motor vehicle purchase agreement",
+  "By accepting delivery, I confirm I have taken delivery of my ##model## on or before ##date## and I agree with my final order agreement, which is available in my Tesla Account.",

Can you take a shot of the energy label on the windscreen?
Getting that label off was one of the first things I did :) . It shows RWD has 556km range, which looks great on paper :p
Tesla_RWD_enery_consumption_sticker_lowres.jpg

Congrats. As it's RWD, assume it is also Ryzen?
Yes, can confirm it Ryzen. My car has build date of 9/1/22
Congrats! Did you spot any 3P’s?
Yes, very few and far between. Maybe around 1 out of every 10 cars there in the couple of rows of cars I saw there, just based on the M3P wheels.

Few other things I noted right after delivery:
  • FM Radio was 'hidden', so was Spotify, and it took me a few mins to figure out and enable it from the list of sources for audio/music.
  • It had software V11 installed
  • The cameras took around 30-40kms drive to calibrate during which I could not activate autopilot
  • The car is setup with the highest option (HOLD) for regen braking by default - so this might be a bit jarring if you are unfamiliar with driving a Tesla or regen braking
  • The navigation map does not show your car facing forward at all times (like on google maps). So it can be a little disorientating sometimes. The turn by turn directions next to the map helped though. I'm sure there is setting to change this, I have not checked yet.
  • As others have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, wifi reception on the car seems pretty bad. I had my wifi modem in a room next to the garage (about 10meters away), and still had trouble getting it to detect and connect to it.