Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this talk of not being able to control pickup dates, how long is it, roughly, between getting you final invoice and pick up date?

My bank has a $20,000 a day transfer limit, bit worried about getting the invoice at least 5/6 days before pickup?
We transferred over the total over 6 days. But we also had the final invoice a couple weeks ago, delivery from 10 to 24 March

Reactions: MadFruit
Yeah I’m really holding out hope it won’t be that long. I’ve had my financing approved too but same as you it’s only good for 90 days. Though if you went through Mac then they’ve told me they will contact me closer to the cutoff to extend if it needs to be.
I went through pepper, but I did tell them the wait time prior to receiving the approval, so I'm hoping they will extend as well. The Tesla preferred EV loan partners should be aware of the timeframes so hopefully they'll be accommodating to customers just counting down the days to delivery. I'm actually going to write pepper since there's more than one response that's gone with mac & they're willing to extend. Definitely don't want to do the finance bit over

The financier should be able to extend it if that delivery date does end up being longer.

Also if it really is 5-7 months you should double check with them about increasing that range in case the interest rate raises later in the year and they have to do a brand new application for you.
I'm definitely going to contact them. Our salesperson pushed us to apply straight away, so if we get stuck having to start over or with an interest rate increase it's going to be frustrating. I wish I'd found this forum before we started the process - such good info here for newbies

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld
All this talk of not being able to control pickup dates, how long is it, roughly, between getting you final invoice and pick up date?

My bank has a $20,000 a day transfer limit, bit worried about getting the invoice at least 5/6 days before pickup?

I got my invoice weeks before pick up date was finalised. I received a sms approx 10 days before the two days i was given to choose pick up from and it's suggested you have payment finalised 48 hours before pick up, although if you have proof of remittance on the day of pick up I am sure something could be arranged.

Reactions: MadFruit
This has easily been my must frustrating purchase to date. ordered on the 9/12. Was assured by the SA that it would be inside the 8-12 week estimate. Finance window now closing, so having to sign an extension letter, but still no idea on when I will see the car or any word from SA to let me know I've missed the quarter 1 delivery window.

I'll be furious if the interest rates increase after my next extension if I've not received it yet.

I was hoping to get a few driving holidays in the Model 3 in before the arrival of my first child in July, that won't be happening now.

It’s similar to using your iPhone or Androids, battery will show as a percentage left but not mins or hours left. Usable time depends on how you use the phone. Km remaining can be misleading, as driving style, air con, terrain etc can influence the estimated distance.

In most modern ICE cars, trip computers would show estimated distance left as well, but most people would judge when to fuel the car mostly from the fuel gauge still, it’s more real of what you have left in the tank.
And the trip computer estimate in our ICE is woefully optimistic when the tank is full and regains sanity at about 3/4 full on the fuel gauge. As opined by many in this thread the range remaining is based on experience with journey types - urban, mixed or rural, towing, speedy or leisurely. Would think the same would apply to BEVs as well. Don't know as we are still waiting for our car and lived experience.

I didn’t say it guarantees the same distance, I said the opposite.
You did!

Personally, at the end of the day, if the situation were to occur with 20kms vs 5%, I'd rather see the distance than the % - it might be the difference of deciding to make it home to charge or having to pull up at a destination charger 5-10 mins out from home.

I'd be sweating bullets either way!

You may be able to request a temporary increase in the transfer limit.
Yeah, my old bank could, but just switched to a neo bank and it doesn't look like they've implemented that yet. I'll be giving them a call but its good to know I have time anyway.
We transferred over the total over 6 days. But we also had the final invoice a couple weeks ago, delivery from 10 to 24 March
Perfect, thanks 👍
I got my invoice weeks before pick up date was finalised. I received a sms approx 10 days before the two days i was given to choose pick up from and it's suggested you have payment finalised 48 hours before pick up, although if you have proof of remittance on the day of pick up I am sure something could be arranged.
Excellent, thanks, anxiety abated.

Anyone else hoping against hope that with Giga Berlin potentially coming online Friday we may see the supply of M3 to Europe transferred from Shanghai to Berlin, and a subsequent decrease in our wait times? I'm instill sitting at 14-20 weeks from order so it would be great if the Europeans in the list moved off to another factory.

Reactions: Cmoney991
Anyone else hoping against hope that with Giga Berlin potentially coming online Friday we may see the supply of M3 to Europe transferred from Shanghai to Berlin, and a subsequent decrease in our wait times? I'm instill sitting at 14-20 weeks from order so it would be great if the Europeans in the list moved off to another factory.
I too hold on the same hope :) Am currently at 5-7 months, so hoping Berlin's start would shorten that time... Starting week 3 of the waiting period, and it already stretched my sanity :D

Unfortunately I think your date is set. When I ordered it had just changed to 12-20 weeks(it has been pretty spot on too if my car actually is on the Morning Clara).
Unfortunately I didnt end up in the earlier shipment and Ive seen some people who ordered in early jan get a spot in the same shipment.

If anything, most likely some of those 5-7 months - depending on when they ordered will probably be lucky enough to end up in the same shipment.

Just start browsing(and waiting) for good deals on accessories - and if you have to wait for shipment, you got time!

My Midnight Silver LR gets Rayno S9 tinting today including roof and Atri Pro Nano Graphine coating. Should be ready for pick up tomorrow. Also had the silver rims powder coated satin black yesterday and look terrific. Will have pictures tomorrow.

Recommend A1 Powder Coaters on Sunshine Coast - Only $800 includes having tyres removed by a local tyre shop.

And tinting. ppf, ceramic coating - Clean Getaway Car Detailing

Reactions: Khalil and miika