Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible for someone to be allocated a car at the “last minute” - ie, no VIN yet, and EDD is 14-20 weeks (ordered on 15/1), but they decide to allocate you a car from a shipment that has come in? Just wondering whether to keep some hope alive of a March delivery 😬

Is it possible for someone to be allocated a car at the “last minute” - ie, no VIN yet, and EDD is 14-20 weeks (ordered on 15/1), but they decide to allocate you a car from a shipment that has come in? Just wondering whether to keep some hope alive of a March delivery 😬
I guess so, if there's a few people ahead of you that cancel the last minute (issue with delivery, or payment maybe). Not sure if it is likely though.

Tesla now not allow hard match a canceled car to anyone. Any canceled car will move to next one in the queue with same configuration.

Link?

Just checked Tesla AU site and its still 5-7 months... or are you talking about another country?
Sorry Europe and UK.

UK.PNG

Most of us from December onwards have had a call from our SA. It appears that there were not enough M3LR and M3P produced to meet orders. Vehicles will arrive in the next quarter shipments instead.
What worries me is will they get all the LR and P delivered in the Q2 deliveries.

I ordered in the 14-20 week bracket however am really close to the the cutoff for the 5-7 month which has me worried i wont get delivery till Aug-Sept.

I ordered my Performance almost 3 weeks after you, on 11/02 with 14=20 weeks. That was the Friday, and Monday the 14th, Tesla changed the delivery range. If you're worried, I'm more worried.
Damn and you ordered a Performance which is even more rare then the LR.... you might really be on the cusp of being pushed into the Q3 deliveries..

Lets hope they make all the Q2 deliveries of the LR and Performance's.

Morning Clara not only carry Tesla onboard, it has to unload other vehicles in Brisbane before unload Tesla in port Kemble.
If I was the shipping agency, I would probably offloading all cars in PK then land transport cars destined for Brisbane by trucks/train. Surely it costs them lots of $$ just hanging around, delaying schedules, costing fuel powering the ship and costs of the crew.