Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most insurance companies (I believe) offer new for old car replacement if written off within the first 2 years. So for me, I’m going with NRMA and market value. If you go agreed value you pay a higher premium and gain nothing at least for that 2 year period.
This is a really good point! I have new for old on mine for 2 years but also opted for agreed value... might change it now...

This is a really good point! I have new for old on mine for 2 years but also opted for agreed value... might change it now...
I am going with NRMA and also tossing up what to do. The 2 yrs replacement for a write off is only if not at fault and NRMA can claim against the other parties insurance. If they are uninsured or a tree falls on your car, assuming written off then it doesn't apply. In that case you get market value which might be significantly under replacement cost. Insurance is full of fine print.

Well, Just about time for me to depart this waiting room as my delivery is scheduled for first thing next week. Since joining this forum early Jan after placing my order mid December. I've found that i'm not the only impatient bastard out there 😂. Was nice to find a bunch of like minded people going through what i was going through. It has been a great little community and to all the new guys/gals that have joined, you'll find some comfort in here.
Another huge shoutout to @Vedaprime for the service he/she provides. If you want to dig deeper than what you find on here, highly recommend joining the discord. I only joined for a month and was able to soak up enough knowledge that i didn't feel the need to renew. If you do the same, ensure you follow the rules :)

Lessons learnt

- The Tesla order waiting period is a roller coaster
- Take what your SA says with a grain of salt (If you even get assigned one). Some seem to be better than others so i recommend cross referencing information on here
- The EDD you are given in the app can & will change/dissapear multiple times
- Order date has NOTHING to do with Vin allocation date

I wish you all the best of luck and hope to give you the tesla wave on the roads in bris in the future. DAL333 out.

Hi All,

I ordered my m3 on 18/2 (a month ago) and I haven't received my VIN yet is that normal?

My Tesla portal says the following:

Next Steps
We are drafting up your invoice. Vehicle Registration and Final Payment are required prior to your delivery.

Who must be present at delivery?
All persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. If you are trading in a vehicle, all registered owners must be present.

What do I need to bring with me to delivery?

I ordered my model 3 long range on 15/11/21 in Brisbane, I think I have a VIN number on my account (RNXXXXXXXXX number?) When I ordered it, I was told I was on the list for the Feb/March shipment, but got a call that delivery has been delayed until late May.
The app no longer shows a estimated weeks range, and when I log into my account it just says that they will reach out with the final invoice.

How long roughly before the actual delivery do they send out the final invoice? I am worried that maybe I keep getting bumped because I haven't paid the final invoice I never received.

Oh no!
As I understand there is a 2-day lockdown in almost all of Shanghai area by area, and they are Covid testing everyone twice over this period.

If your area/apartment complex all goes negative then OK. If one positive, then everyone into 14 day lockdown.

So could be more disruptions depending on results.

Hi All,

I ordered my m3 on 18/2 (a month ago) and I haven't received my VIN yet is that normal?

My Tesla portal says the following:

Yes. Your car is not built yet.

I ordered my model 3 long range on 15/11/21 in Brisbane, I think I have a VIN number on my account (RNXXXXXXXXX number?) When I ordered it, I was told I was on the list for the Feb/March shipment, but got a call that delivery has been delayed until late May.
The app no longer shows a estimated weeks range, and when I log into my account it just says that they will reach out with the final invoice.

How long roughly before the actual delivery do they send out the final invoice? I am worried that maybe I keep getting bumped because I haven't paid the final invoice I never received.

This is not a VIN. It's a reservation number. You will get one when the car is built.

Reactions: Benzz
Yes. Your car is not built yet.

This is not a VIN. It's a reservation number. You will get one when the car is built.

So it's been 4 months and it hasn't been built yet?:oops:

I have only paid the $350 deposit, and completed all the registration paperwork... is there anything I could be missing to explain the delay? It seems like most people ordering at around the same time as me got VIN numbers within a month

Currently, Australian-delivered cars are built over a couple of days in the first month of each quarter. If your car has been bumped to a May delivery, that means it's in the Q2 builds in April.

(The VIN isn't assigned immediately after building, though - some get assigned when they're already on the boat).
Ok thanks for the info. Will it still be a 2021 model? Or a 2022? Is it worth contacting anyone to change it to a 2022 model instead? Or will that just delay things even further...

I am going with NRMA and also tossing up what to do. The 2 yrs replacement for a write off is only if not at fault and NRMA can claim against the other parties insurance. If they are uninsured or a tree falls on your car, assuming written off then it doesn't apply. In that case you get market value which might be significantly under replacement cost. Insurance is full of fine print.
This. Upon reading mine (AAMI), the new for old is only if the same make and model can be had within 90 days and no way that is happening with Tesla. In that scenario, they would try for a similar make and model (again, no dice) and finally, if both parties cannot come to an agreement, they would pay out, in this case market value vs. agreed value... thinking I keep agreed value now!