Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just reporting that I picked up my White RWD on Saturday from Alexandria. They had tons of cars there and told me they'll be all gone by 11am. (I was there at 9am) Trade in was as simple as driving in, park the car, give them the keys and rego papers. That was it. Then got walked into customer lounge to sign some papers, then they walked me to my car where I was then free to setup and check the car before driving myself out.

As for my particular M3, other than the drivers side rear door sticking out a tiny little bit and not flush to the rear panel (only really noticeable when rubbing finger over the gap), eveything else is really good and near fault less. After a day of driving, wife and I both agreed that changing the acceleration to Chill mode was best. Standard is way too jumpy and makes all the passangers get car sick. Chill mode makes for a much smoother driving experience. Auto pilot seems to work well and within expectations. I found it best to change the offset to +10%, then set it to manual for speed limit so that I have some max speed leeway while on auto pilot. Loving the interior temperature pre-conditioning ability through the app. Air-conditioning is powerful and gets very cold. I found the interior cabin/road noise to be quieter than my Q7 which is cool. I hear nearly zero road noise which is a nice surprise. Wish it had front cam view or 360 deg view during parking but that's the only thing I miss. Overall, an awesome value EV for it being sub-$60k! (when I got it anyways)

Last edited:
So i am told any cancellations dont get re-allocated to next in line, they go into stock which you buy off the Tesla website...

I know its dumb but its the way tesla do it.
That's not the case this early - the Q2 cars haven't been built yet let alone allocated, so if someone whose car would have been built in Q2 cancels now, "their" car will end up allocated to someone else who has ordered.

Just reporting that I picked up my White RWD on Saturday from Alexandria. They had tons of cars there and told me they'll be all gone by 11am. (I was there at 9am) Trade in was as simple as driving in, park the car, give them the keys and rego papers. That was it. Then got walked into customer lounge to sign some papers, then they walked me to my car where I was then free to setup and check the car before driving myself out.

As for my particular M3, other than the drivers side rear door sticking out a tiny little bit and not flush to the rear panel (only really noticeable when rubbing finger over the gap), eveything else is really good and near fault less. After a day of driving, wife and I both agreed that changing the acceleration to Chill mode was best. Standard is way too jumpy and makes all the passangers get car sick. Chill mode makes for a much smoother driving experience. Auto pilot seems to work well and within expectations. I found it best to change the offset to +10%, then set it to manual for speed limit so that I have some max speed leeway while on auto pilot. Loving the interior temperature pre-conditioning ability through the app. Air-conditioning is powerful and gets very cold. I found the interior cabin/road noise to be quieter than my Q7 which is cool. I hear nearly zero road noise which is a nice surprise. Wish it had front cam view or 360 deg view during parking but that's the only thing I miss. Overall, an awesome value EV for it being sub-$60k! (when I got it anyways)
Thanks for the write up! Will you be getting the door issue rectified or will you just just live with it? Interesting comments regarding chill vs. standard mode, is it jumpy cos of regen or something else? (haven't picked mine up yet, so very curious at first hand experiences like this!)

Thanks for the write up! Will you be getting the door issue rectified or will you just just live with it? Interesting comments regarding chill vs. standard mode, is it jumpy cos of regen or something else? (haven't picked mine up yet, so very curious at first hand experiences like this!)
The door handle on that same door is also not flush but indented in more than the other doors. But yeah, I don't think it's bad enough for me to really bother myself to get it fixed and be without a car for days / weeks. It's one of those things that you only see coz I really looked for it.

Standard mode is like having an ICE car at sport mode where it tries to keep the revs within high torque curve. So every little press on the pedal gives instant nech snapping acceleration which is great fun initially, but also not great eventually as it makes it very tiring to drive, and is even worse for the pessengers. You can overcome it by using auto pilot or at least the adaptive cruise control portion of it whenever possible. But yeah, both my wife and I much prefer the smoothness of the Chill mode.

I take it the it was sub-$60k plus on road costs? Rego, insurance, plates, dealer prep, etc?
Oh, I meant the base price of the car since it was $59,990 before on road costs when I ordered it. (obviously it's not anymore as they raised the price)

After the standard on road costs (including ctp, rego), mine came to $64,872. But due to $3000 NSW EV rebate, $2185 stamp duty rebate, and the $1375 corporate plan delivery charge discount, it actually ended up being sub-$60k ($58,312) even after rego/ctp which is amazing.

Last edited:
Was booked in for delivery tomorrow but Tesla just called and said my car is ready today if i want it... Picking it up at 4pm! lesssgoooo
I think when it comes to my time to get my car, I'd prefer this - just call me on the day and say the car is ready. Otherwise, if they call me 5 days before pickup, I will be looking at 5 sleepless night from being too excited :p

Can anyone provide updates on build quality or any problems they have had from the latest batch of deliveries? The first batch in Q1 sounded like they were well built, hoping it is the same for the second batch that started being delivered last week?
I'll let you know Saturday! I will do a full report on my delivery and quality. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer them.

Reactions: Benzz
So i am told any cancellations dont get re-allocated to next in line, they go into stock which you buy off the Tesla website...

I know its dumb but its the way tesla do it.
Oh that would make a lot of customers who are waiting now well beyond the estimate at the time of their order more than a little angry. We have heard from people on this thread who indeed got a cancelled car as they were first on the list. So I am hoping that the information you received is not so.