Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up today finally, worth the wait. Drove straight in for tints and ceramic. Get to enjoy more tomorrow !
tesla_pickup.jpgtesla_pickup1.jpg

It's to support emergency response staff, primarily for firefighters. Whilst a Tesla is an obvious EV, other EV's can be more subtle and not obvious.

If you're in an accident then the guys and girls know to avoid high voltage orange cables and to find the emergency disconnect ring pulls.
I think hybrids have the blue triangle too?
should they have a different colour?

I think hybrids have the blue triangle too?
should they have a different colour?
I would agree that Hybrids should have a different colour but the RMS have chosen to focus solely on the need to mark vehicles for the purpose of Emergency Responders. Anything with a high voltage battery gets an EV triangle Badge.
I bought my Tesla prior to the introduction of the EV badges and the letter they arrived in informed me that they needed to be securely fixed to the number plates before a specific date or I could be liable to a fine.
If the RMS chooses to reclassify Hybrids into a different group they can do the same thing and send them replacement badges.

Reactions: schnaxxl and PcS000
Officially picked up my Model 3 RWD yesterday. Build quality is good and left with 100% charge. Pick up is simple and I probably spent 10-15mins max looking over the car. Drove it straight to my mate's tyre shop around the corner to check the alignment and it was out by a bit. Accessories, Front lip, spoiler, side skirts and rear diffuser now on. Tints booked for Saturday!

Folks,

Would you recommend PPF or Ceramic coating for the TM3?

I am sure this would have been discussed earlier.

Alao Any recommendations in Sydney and any TMC discounts available?

Happy Tesla-ing :)
From what I can read, Tint Haus in Thornleigh seems good. They have some packages as well for PPF/Ceramic or both.

That being said, I most likely just going to get tint from them, still not sold if I should get PPF or ceramic coating.

Reactions: Raol and Ib38
I would agree that Hybrids should have a different colour but the RMS have chosen to focus solely on the need to mark vehicles for the purpose of Emergency Responders. Anything with a high voltage battery gets an EV triangle Badge.
I bought my Tesla prior to the introduction of the EV badges and the letter they arrived in informed me that they needed to be securely fixed to the number plates before a specific date or I could be liable to a fine.
If the RMS chooses to reclassify Hybrids into a different group they can do the same thing and send them replacement badges.
For the sake of keeping it simple I say keep the EV badge on the Hybrids.
Whether it is Hybrid or EV they both have a high voltage battery and could be deadly if not treated properly.

Reactions: mgfletcher
Pick up tomorrow - mine is hiding in there somewhere!
Are you going to pick it up or are they delivering it to you? I'm waiting for a Model 3 RWD that they say should be here in May. They told me it will be delivered to my door on a flat bed truck. Having said that I did see a sales job going at Tesla for a showroom in Adelaide so, I guess we are getting one at some point.

Are you going to pick it up or are they delivering it to you? I'm waiting for a Model 3 RWD that they say should be here in May. They told me it will be delivered to my door on a flat bed truck. Having said that I did see a sales job going at Tesla for a showroom in Adelaide so, I guess we are getting one at some point.
Originally it was delivery. But got an email a few weeks ago saying it is now pick up from Gillman for the first time in Adelaide. Photo was of AutoNexus

Originally it was delivery. But got an email a few weeks ago saying it is now pick up from Gillman for the first time in Adelaide. Photo was of AutoNexus
Thanks for that, very interesting. I was hoping for the home delivery as Imy Ioniq that I have now will be gone just before the new one arrives I was going to save me a trip. Never mind I will be pleased to get it whatever way it is.

Thanks for that, very interesting. I was hoping for the home delivery as Imy Ioniq that I have now will be gone just before the new one arrives I was going to save me a trip. Never mind I will be pleased to get it whatever way it is.
Looks like there is enough demand in little old Adelaide to warrant pushing them out via a delivery hub than just dropping them off now (easier and cheaper for Tesla too). Those of us lucky enough to be getting it this week seem to be the first to use it (even some people a couple of weeks ago were still getting them delivered) but I would assume this delivery site will be the way moving forward at least for metro deliveries.

Officially picked up my Model 3 RWD yesterday. Build quality is good and left with 100% charge. Pick up is simple and I probably spent 10-15mins max looking over the car. Drove it straight to my mate's tyre shop around the corner to check the alignment and it was out by a bit. Accessories, Front lip, spoiler, side skirts and rear diffuser now on. Tints booked for Saturday!
Any pics with it kitted out??

For the sake of keeping it simple I say keep the EV badge on the Hybrids.
Whether it is Hybrid or EV they both have a high voltage battery and could be deadly if not treated properly.
I'm sure that is the logic proposed by RMS. But I believe that more support should be given to Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) drivers to incentivise the uptake of BEVs. By having different badges on the BEVs (EV), versus Hybrid (HY), Versus PHEV (PV) versus Hydrogen (HD) you can allow access to transit lanes, parking and other benefits and anyone policing these doesn't need to be a car model expert to tell the difference.
But that would probably never happen here, so the argument is moot.

Reactions: BDB2088