Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously imagine buying ANY other electrical device, you open the box and not charging cable or power cord. I suggest the ACCC might have something to say about this one.

I doubt it. It is possible to use the car without a UMC being supplied, namely charge it at any public charger.

ACCC would only take an interest if Tesla said the UMC would be supplied when the order was placed (e.g. on the order website at the time the order was placed, or listed in the invoice, or being told by a Tesla employee it is included), but then failed to provide it.

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
Somethings going on with the source code of my order page. Last night i had 109 references to "VIN" in the source code (including words like 'driving', 'evincentive' and 'saving'). I now have 86. No VIN hiding in there still though. This means basically nothing but anything, however miniscule, sets me off at the moment. Like that time a referrertoken variable happened to include "LRW"... Condolences (and big ups) to the Tesla web designer working on a public holiday. Unless they are working a normal Monday in Shanghai... In which case way more big ups i suppose.

Estimated delivery (14-20 weeks) still the same.

Last edited:
where to find estimated delivery?

5152F6C9-71E5-4D21-8BF0-580711752096.jpeg
5152F6C9-71E5-4D21-8BF0-580711752096.jpeg
19C72967-39D6-4239-B1DE-B48EC2F48AE5.jpeg
19C72967-39D6-4239-B1DE-B48EC2F48AE5.jpeg

Tesla copying the Apple move to reduce costs by not including a charger?

Seriously imagine buying ANY other electrical device, you open the box and not charging cable or power cord. I suggest the ACCC might have something to say about this one.

On the other hand, maybe this opens the market for cheaper after market mobile charging cables.
Like not including batteries in a Xmas gift for the kids. :(

Somethings going on with the source code of my order page. Last night i had 109 references to "VIN" in the source code (including words like 'driving', 'evincentive' and 'saving'). I now have 86. No VIN hiding in there still though. This means basically nothing but anything, however miniscule, sets me off at the moment. Like that time a referrertoken variable happened to include "LRW"... Condolences (and big ups) to the Tesla web designer working on a public holiday. Unless they are working a normal Monday in Shanghai... In which case way more big ups i suppose.

Estimated delivery (14-20 weeks) still the same.
It's just possible that you have inadvertently opened the page in a different language/region. I noticed different wording in my pages but looking at the URL it was US-EN not AU-EN.

oo im in perth too waiting. when/what did u order ?
I know you were replying to @noddy@teamterm but I'm in Perth as well. Waiting for my black LR, ordered 14/3. There's a blue M3 with a dual motor badge and 19" wheels in my area (not sure if it's a new LR, or previous release P), I see it when out walking and feel a little bit of jealousy that I might still have to wait 8 months for mine :)

Thats all mine shows, no estimate of date or time frame. Dropped into the shop while I was down in Perth, they could not find an estimate in the App when I log in, however they can possibly see more in the background as they came back later with an estimate of December.
I still have 6-9 month estimate in the app. I'm skeptical the SRs can see any more info, I guess they'd just be looking at your order date and speculating which shipment it will be on (when I placed my order the SR called me to say thanks etc. and said with luck the car would be on the September shipment, otherwise December/January).

I know you were replying to @noddy@teamterm but I'm in Perth as well. Waiting for my black LR, ordered 14/3. There's a blue M3 with a dual motor badge and 19" wheels in my area (not sure if it's a new LR, or previous release P), I see it when out walking and feel a little bit of jealousy that I might still have to wait 8 months for mine :)

I still have 6-9 month estimate in the app. I'm skeptical the SRs can see any more info, I guess they'd just be looking at your order date and speculating which shipment it will be on (when I placed my order the SR called me to say thanks etc. and said with luck the car would be on the September shipment, otherwise December/January).
I am actually in Darwin. Had some things that needed doing in Perth. Originally ordered M3 std (White) 10/3 but realised by the time it gets here I could afford a red one. Order date changed to 9/4.

I can't open the full article, but the headlines sound good. $63/day stipend, mattress, meals. Considering that home away from work is locked down too. And meals included, people never stop to think how much money you can save if you don't have to pay for meals

Reactions: PcS000
From the article

Tesla workers are finally starting to return to Gigafactory Shanghai after three weeks of being shut down, but the production restart has again been delayed by a day.

The situation remains difficult amid a severe lockdown in Shanghai to attempt to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Shanghai has seen a rise in COVID-19 infections over the last month, and in an attempt to curb the growth, the authorities implemented some drastic lockdown measures that have been in place for weeks now.

Those measures have been affecting many businesses, including Tesla’s critical Gigafactory in the giant Chinese city.

The automaker had to shut down the plant on March 28 due to difficulties securing workers and the supply of components from suppliers also affected by the measures.

Tesla was supposed to restart production the next weekend, but it couldn’t make it work.

The automaker was expected to once again attempt a restart of production during the week, but it couldn’t make it work again.

The second phase of the two-phase city lockdown was supposed to end on April 7, but the authorities have extended it indefinitely amid continued spread despite the measures in place.

Last week, we learned that Tesla was now aiming to reopen Gigafactory Shanghai on April 18 after a three-week shutdown.

Today, the company indeed started to bring back workers to the plant, but Reuters reports that the plan to restart production has been delayed to tomorrow:

Tesla had hoped to start one production shift on Monday but was now looking to do so on Tuesday, sources said, with one citing a supplier’s logistical snag for the delay.

More difficulties are expected for Gigafactory Shanghai in the coming weeks as Tesla and suppliers slowly start to ramp up production – starting with just one shift in Tesla’s case.

As for the authorities, they are starting to talk about easing the lockdown measures amid major complaints about citizens running out of food and other suppliers.

At a production capacity of around 2,000 vehicles per day, Tesla is expected to have missed out already on over 40,000 vehicles this quarter, and it could see production down by tens of thousands more during the ramp-up.

Yep. They seem to be providing a decent offer to employeees.

And campus corporate accomodation is fairly normal in parts of the Chinese economy, eg a lot of the electronics industry and the like..

Think the real worry is what happens if you get a Covid case within the new shift. Then I suspect factory gets closed again.