Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10 Weeks down.

to-infinity-and-5c0a9f.jpg

Same here. Ordered 21.12.21 and spoke with SA today and they said they were hopeful of a Q2 delivery at this stage, if so, it would be one of the first. They also said, that Unfortunately, due to the Shanghai lockdown, Q2 delivery is not guaranteed and may be pushed to Q3. Nothing further could be extracted. 🙄

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
11 for me! Has anyone got a VIN in the last few days/weeks? Assuming a 6 week shipping time from VIN (as stated by SA), my 14-20 window is fast running out. I think 2 weeks left. Though i am guessing VIN assignments and shipping schedules are far from stable or static at the moment so who knows.
Once people get VINs, this thread will be full of people popping in :)

6 weeks sounds right and it what it took in Q1. There were the floods in QLD which affected delivery dates.
Hopefully once a VIN is assigned it's 6 weeks or less!

You would hope they just spend 3 or 4 days to fulfill all the outstanding Aus/NZ orders and ship them over!

My 14-20 weeks puts me between April 30 - June 11th. (22/01/22 order)

Looking at the shipping times.. They'd have to be on the Don Juan leaving this weekend, or the Turandot to make that delivery window, based on the ETA to Melbourne, and the assumption of 2 weeks offload, transfer, processing, and PD period.

If it's the Clara, I doubt they can get the car prepped and ready for collection in <24 hours lol.. It's likely going to be a few weeks late (Presumably a similar amount of time they were shut down for)

Unless I'm missing something here lol.

Screenshot_20220422-232118.png

My 14-20 weeks puts me between April 30 - June 11th. (22/01/22 order)

Looking at the shipping times.. They'd have to be on the Don Juan leaving this weekend, or the Turandot to make that delivery window, based on the ETA to Melbourne, and the assumption of 2 weeks offload, transfer, processing, and PD period.

If it's the Clara, I doubt they can get the car prepped and ready for collection in <24 hours lol.. It's likely going to be a few weeks late (Presumably a similar amount of time they were shut down for)

Unless I'm missing something here lol.
How late it is will depend on when you ordered and how many they can crank out. I'm guessing if (IF) they stick to their early month Aus run they'll be made in a couple of weeks and we'll get them 6 weeks after that. That's right at the end of my window and one week late for you. Super late for the 2021 crew.

Which will be confirmed if we get a pre-build VIN assignment. Reading various forums, Tesla used to send a text about 10 days prior to production. I am guessing most get their VIN then (given what my SA said about VIN coming 6 weeks before delivery) and a few get them post build due to order cancellations or whathaveyou. But who the hell knows if the production schedule even resembles the pre-lockdown schedule. For all we know they made them this week.

Unless they had some left from previous production or made some this week and chucked them on Morning Clara or Don Juan. It's not a normal situation and the shipping or production isn't normal either. The ships might be all switched up and out of whack given the situation. If Tesla couldn't ship to capacity on Clara or Crystal, they wouldn't just send the ships out empty or have them sit there. They'd assign another ship to Tesla later (as we can see in the shifting shipping schedule) and ship what they could.

Also my mother called me this arvo and said she saw a truck full of brand new, regoless Teslas. So who the hell knows what's going on there...

I also wish there was less constant news and Tesla focus on Model Y and at least a single article about Model 3.