Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also my mother called me this arvo and said she saw a truck full of brand new, regoless Teslas. So who the hell knows what's going on there...
Just had this flash of your mother in a camouflaged hide on the side of a hill with a pair of powerful binoculars doing surveillance on a Tesla facility. 🤣
Maybe the only way to spot a pre delivery Tesla in 'the wild'. 😆

Just back from a run up and down the East Coast, saw no EVs of any kind on trucks, just many Teslas on the road with drivers all looking very 😁😁😁

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
Which with the shipping schedules could also mean that any RHD production this month goes to UK/HK etc
And Australia effectively waits for normal Q3 production commencing in July.

Given Tesla typically tries to minimise inventory in their end of quarter reporting.
The one thing we have going for us is that we are a quick win given Australia's lower population and lower orders. From an economic perspective, they would likely be keen to get orders waiting since 2021 off the books. All the 2021 and Q1 orders paid less for the car and it will progressively cut into profit margins by Tesla's own projected production cost calculations the longer they delay production. Projected production cost rises over the next 12 months is why they bumped up purchase price. Also we have Elon saying that Q2 sales will be on par with Q1. With Shanghai not producing the traditional 50% of their global stock and Berlin/Texas still ramping, they'd be pulling something from somewhere to achieve that. My guess is European LHD M3 orders are being picked up elsewhere with LHD production lines already running and maybe Shanghai is producing RHD.

Hopefully some cars make Turandot and Morning Clara, but it's still going to be a rush job to get those cars delivered in June.

If Turandot leaves on 25/5 as per schedule in #4077, should start seeing some VINs next week if cars are onboard.
Agreed. I am staying firmly in the optimist camp. Also suspect shipping won't resemble pre-lockdown at all. Nor will production. And potentially nor will VIN allocation. So who knows. They might even chuck a few on Don Juan. Probably not... But we can hope!

I sold my car late December in preparation for what I was told would be late February delivery. It's now almost May and I still have no car. I am as desperate for a car as anyone. I guess it will happen when it is meant to.
That's not an ideal situation to be in. Do we know if other LR/P orders from that period were fulfilled? As in... Were all LR/P orders delayed at that time or just some of them? I am wondering if it was a production issue or an incident on the shipping end.

That's not an ideal situation to be in. Do we know if other LR/P orders from that period were fulfilled? As in... Were all LR/P orders delayed at that time or just some of them? I am wondering if it was a production issue or an incident on the shipping end.
Highly suspect that's the case, some changes/upgrades and production runs, hopefully see everything come through june/july/august

G'day. New member, first post.
I note the comments above about truck load of Teslas.
I'd add that my daughter says she saw not one, but three, trucks on Hume highway, headed south early this month.
My order went in on Feb 8th, with "14 to 20" weeks, so about half way there - maybe.
I'm also interested t in the experiences of people with longer trips. I'm in CQ, and plan regular trips to Canberra and Sydney, so charging challenges are my interest area atm.
Cheers

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
G'day. New member, first post.
I note the comments above about truck load of Teslas.
I'd add that my daughter says she saw not one, but three, trucks on Hume highway, headed south early this month.
My order went in on Feb 8th, with "14 to 20" weeks, so about half way there - maybe.
I'm also interested t in the experiences of people with longer trips. I'm in CQ, and plan regular trips to Canberra and Sydney, so charging challenges are my interest area atm.
Cheers
Sorry if you're already aware, but two apps that you need directly after the Tesla app are Plugshare and ABRP (a better route planner)

Good to start playing around with these and learning where your charges are and the state that they are in

Reactions: rtvanda
Sorry if you're already aware, but two apps that you need directly after the Tesla app are Plugshare and ABRP (a better route planner)

Good to start playing around with these and learning where your charges are and the state that they are in
Yes, thanks. I did a fair bit of checking on those matters even before making the committment to sign up. Haven't yet downloaded that apps though, so I'll look at that. cheers.