Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be controversial... but hear me out... This is directed at nobody in particular, and if anyone feels it is, then it probably is. 🤷🏻‍♂️ But I suggest a "Have you lost your *sugar* at a Tesla employee?" field. I really want to see if a pattern forms.
Why would you do that? They are "the man in the middle" and have no control over any information. Getting mad at a Tesla employee is akin to abusing a supermarket teller. Absolutely not cool.

Another [maybe silly] question: who allocates VINs? Are they from AU head office, Shanghai? or somewhere else?
Another [maybe silly] question: who allocates VINs? Are they from AU head office, Shanghai? or somewhere else?
definitely not AU (ass end of the Urld).. goes to the mother ship US and assigns - musky himself personally maybe even

Great idea. I can setup a google Excel spreadsheet for this and share it for everyone to add their details? What headings do we need?

Drivetrain - RWD/LR/P
Colour - White/Black/Grey/Blue/Red
Wheels - 18/19/20
Interior - Black/White
FSD - Y/N
Finance - Tesla partner/own finance/cash
Order date
VIN Allocated
Delivery Date
That would be great. Even better if you could get the mods to add it to the Australia sticky threads as it would be kind of a living document.

There was a similiar attempt by someone earlier who had gone through this thread to gather the details. You may want to scroll through few pages to see whether it can be reused.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-101958_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-101958_Gallery.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220503-102142_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-102142_Chrome.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 49
So I just called the Perth Tesla Centre for an update on my ETA (ordered 6 Feb, 16-20 week EDD) and the guy I spoke to said we're on track for a June delivery and that the VIN should be coming through shortly. Sounds like bollocks to me given it would have to be on ship that's left already to make it to Perth for a June delivery (the two June ships get to Perth on 28 June, so no way they would give you a June delivery).

So I just called the Perth Tesla Centre for an update on my ETA (ordered 6 Feb, 16-20 week EDD) and the guy I spoke to said we're on track for a June delivery and that the VIN should be coming through shortly. Sounds like bollocks to me given it would have to be on ship that's left already to make it to Perth for a June delivery (the two June ships get to Perth on 28 June, so no way they would give you a June delivery).
Remember we are at the start of May now. There are two ships in May which are potential candidates for shipping.
The other thing to remember is it won't be the original ship that takes them to Perth. They usually have two ships to get them there.

Hi, seems like I'm the lucky one. Ordered M3P in Melbourne on 03/02/2022 and received the text on 27/03/2022 that a car has been assigned to my order and will be available to pick up by the weekend. Received the car on 02/03/2022. Great isn't it :D

Hi, seems like I'm the lucky one. Ordered M3P in Melbourne on 03/02/2022 and received the text on 27/03/2022 that a car has been assigned to my order and will be available to pick up by the weekend. Received the car on 02/03/2022. Great isn't it :D
You accidentally posted the same message twice and rumbled yourself, bot.

Remember we are at the start of May now. There are two ships in May which are potential candidates for shipping.
The other thing to remember is it won't be the original ship that takes them to Perth. They usually have two ships to get them there.
UK orders are currently recieving narrowed, specifically dated two week EDD windows of mid to late June. Many also receiving texts from Tesla. So there's movement for RHD production (definitely P but not sure about RWD or LR). The premise that we're on track for a June delivery seems to check out.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Why would you do that? They are "the man in the middle" and have no control over any information. Getting mad at a Tesla employee is akin to abusing a supermarket teller. Absolutely not cool.
I agree it gains nothing. But many of them in the end are car salespeople, and the old saying is that you know a car salesperson is lying cause their lips are moving. Many of them outright denied that manufacture was halted during Shanghai's lockdown, for example. And it can be frustrating catching out the person "in the know" for telling outright porkies.

yeh looks like draco has done his research correctly. 1 ship (titus) is collecting both Morning Clara and Turandots cargo (hopefully teslas) and bringing them to freo at the same time (28/6) Even though the ships leave Shanghai 2 weeks apart. Us Perth fellas have to wait last! :(

My fingers are crossed for a July delivery 🤞🏼
LR ordered 25/02 in Perth.

yeh looks like draco has done his research correctly. 1 ship (titus) is collecting both Morning Clara and Turandots cargo (hopefully teslas) and bringing them to freo at the same time (28/6) Even though the ships leave Shanghai 2 weeks apart. Us Perth fellas have to wait last! :(

My fingers are crossed for a July delivery 🤞🏼
LR ordered 25/02 in Perth.
Looks like he has :)
Fingers crossed for everyone. WA might go into July just like they slipped into April. Feel sorry for you guys.

Reactions: PcS000
Hi Quang - did you find out what is wrong with the car? What part is being replaced?
Yes, they told me that the chip controling the right side of the car i.e mirror, door, windows etc was faulty and they have ordered and replaced the chip. The car is on the way to Melbourne from NSW. My delivery is now booked for 6 May. Hope there won't be delay with the carrier

Reactions: PcS000
UK orders are currently recieving narrowed, specifically dated two week EDD windows of mid to late June. Many also receiving texts from Tesla. So there's movement for RHD production (definitely P but not sure about RWD or LR). The premise that we're on track for a June delivery seems to check out.
My leasing co just notified mid June as Tesla's latest EDD for me.

That would be great. Even better if you could get the mods to add it to the Australia sticky threads as it would be kind of a living document.

There was a similiar attempt by someone earlier who had gone through this thread to gather the details. You may want to scroll through few pages to see whether it can be reused.
Existing sheet with all that info already..
You need to setup a temporary filter to see the Australian entries, but there's a few of us on there.