Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to extend my approval with them, but they were only concerned with checking that our circumstances hadn't changed.
Hi

When did you place the order and how long did you need to wait ?

How many days did Macquire look the interest rate for you ?
I spoke to my Macquarie rep and he said I may need to do a new application before the end of May which will lock in the 2.99% rate for 3-6 months.

Hi

When was your order date and how long have you been waiting ?

When you are saying that you need to put a new application that means is it been more than 6 months that your first application got approved ?

Did Macquire rep say if there are any chances of increase in interest rates anytime soon ?

Thanks

Hi

When did you place the order and how long did you need to wait ?

How many days did Macquire look the interest rate for you ?

Hi

When was your order date and how long have you been waiting ?

When you are saying that you need to put a new application that means is it been more than 6 months that your first application got approved ?

Did Macquire rep say if there are any chances of increase in interest rates anytime soon ?

Thanks
I also used Macquarie (ordered my car 15/2) and the rep told me to hold off organising finance until he got a whiff that rates would go up as that would then give me the longest time possible locked in at their rates.

They will do 90 days and then give you another 90 provided there are no material changes to your financial obligations (ie taken out a new home loan during that period etc). I’m hoping that 180 days (from mid April) will be enough to cover the time it takes for the car to arrive but suspect it may not…

Not sure whether rates have actually gone up yet or still at 2.99%?

I also used Macquarie (ordered my car 15/2) and the rep told me to hold off organising finance until he got a whiff that rates would go up as that would then give me the longest time possible locked in at their rates.

They will do 90 days and then give you another 90 provided there are no material changes to your financial obligations (ie taken out a new home loan during that period etc). I’m hoping that 180 days (from mid April) will be enough to cover the time it takes for the car to arrive but suspect it may not…

Further back up the thread someone mentioned Pepper went up. I'm genuinely surprised the others didn't follow suit (so far)

Great! Thank you. Everyone please go and add your order to the list, so we can gauge delivery dates. Those who have received a VIN or car would be especially helpful.
Note:
1. You can view existing order entries in the Google spreadsheet.
2. You can't edit the spreadsheet, but you can filter to show just Australian cities. Create Temporary Filter, set country to "Other", set city to clear then add all the Australian cities.
3. In the top left of the spreadsheet there is a "Google Form" link for adding/editing your own order. Use that to add your order to the list (please).

That's the setup i am looking at! Do you mind sharing how much it cost? I am in the quotes phase.
I tried going through Origin initially as they do have a sort of lease model but out of frustration I went with a recommended electrician from Tesla for the powerwall. All up for the system it was just shy of 20k, so far we have been off grid 99% of the time and reduced the quarterly powerbill to <$60. Liking it so much seriously considering a 2nd powerwall.
Once i get the car i suspect i can charge it off the solar once the powerwall is charged, this normally occurs by 10-11am in brisbane on an average day.

Reactions: garylovesbeer

Hi

Thanks for the reply, our situations are the same. Had the same discussion with the Macq rep, as of now the interest rate is still 2.99%(which is the best in the market at the moment) and I'm worried that it may go up. Can you please give me a heads-up if you get to know any info about the rates?

Thank you

I tried going through Origin initially as they do have a sort of lease model but out of frustration I went with a recommended electrician from Tesla for the powerwall. All up for the system it was just shy of 20k, so far we have been off grid 99% of the time and reduced the quarterly powerbill to <$60. Liking it so much seriously considering a 2nd powerwall.
Once i get the car i suspect i can charge it off the solar once the powerwall is charged, this normally occurs by 10-11am in brisbane on an average day.
Nice! Your array must be bigger than 6.6Kw if you are looking at a second battery? I have limited roofspace so i'll effectively max out at 6.6Kw. I could go slightly bigger but the 10Kw inverter isn't worth it. And yep. I have the same charging scenario in mind. Charge weekends and WFH days. Hence Long Range so i can manage it throughout the week more easily.