Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what I was told only he added they were very hopeful June would be delivery time which, to me, means they are on one of the ships.

The Turandot could not have done too much in South Korea, it was only in port for 5hrs 51mins. Heading for Masan, maybe the Hyundai‘s/Kia’s will load there, still got 1/2m of draft to go to maximum. Will not arrive until after 11 tonight so I won’t know anything.
Ships take on ballast water to ensure they "handle" and are stable as they are designed to run with a specific amount of draft.

Macquarie said to me there are no upfront fees but there is an early repayment fee of some magnitude to compensate for lost interest. I haven't seen formal loan docs yet though because my delivery is a long way away.
When I spoke to Macquarie and asked about this (I'm doing a split of cash and finance only because I wanted to get a credit history after not having debt for 10 years) I was told the early payment fee would be around $500 if I recall.

Model 3 LR
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black interior
FSD
OD Jan 24
EDD 14-20 weeks
Sunshine Coast (Brisbane pick up)
No VIN

With potential delivery in June, I've just ordered the Home Charger.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” - Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712 – 1778)

1652308621376.png

On the bandwagon of 'anything different on the Tesla site is potential good news about VINS' - I am now getting this when I try to manage my Tesla order. Won't seem to progress.

Does final invoice get sent once vin is allocated?
Actually, just spotted this on Ordering a New Tesla

How much do I owe before I take delivery of my vehicle?
The amount payable will be clearly itemised on your Final Invoice, along with payment information. Note in Australia, the beneficiary account number will match your reservation number and is unique to your order.

Actually, just spotted this on Ordering a New Tesla

How much do I owe before I take delivery of my vehicle?
The amount payable will be clearly itemised on your Final Invoice, along with payment information. Note in Australia, the beneficiary account number will match your reservation number and is unique to your order.
This is what I got on my Accounts webpage.

Next Steps
We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account. Following this, a delivery representative will contact you to arrange final payment. Please note, we require cleared funds prior to delivery.

Who must be present at delivery?
The owner or the registered operator must be present to accept delivery. If you intend to have someone else pick up your vehicle on your behalf, you must provide a letter of authority.

I do wonder why they don't offer the Aero covers with the larger wheels, I don't find the look of the coverless 19" that much better - prefer the potential of that extra bit of range. maybe I'm in a very small demographic there. :)
I don't know if you've had an EV before, but in practice, particularly with the LR, it tends to be a very rare occasion where you'd sail so close to the wind that the aeros would make a difference anyway.

(Unless you're Mark Tipping.)

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
@ianhutch1 - and you are a Feb OD like me, and they might *gasp* have information soon?
I’ve been having the guilts about craving info when there are still Nov/Dec OD people left in the dark.
Not saying that you or I or anyone shouldn’t get an update, but I had thought it would still be ages before I got any updates.

Kudos to you for chasing info…and actually getting a response 🙌
Yes mate ordered mid Feb just as delivery changed from 14-20 weeks to 5-7 months, pretty hopeful that I'll be in the next lot

Reactions: Julcars