Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sure is a possibility! Though they would need to load and unload at the same time to avoid a dip in the graph. Or only take a single draught measurement at the start and end. Again, a question for a seaman.
That is a possibility, it was there for quite a long time. In terms of measurement, it is at the end I think. All they want to know is weight variation for charging for transportation.

That is a possibility, it was there for quite a long time. In terms of measurement, it is at the end I think. All they want to know is weight variation for charging for transportation.
No idea. And it may even vary from port to port. The graph at Shanghai showed a progressively increasing draught on the graph. In Korea, both increases were so miniscule that they barely registered (0.1 at each port).

Just out of curiosity, are we in a massive country wide queue or are there multiple queues based on your location?

If 5,000 people in Vic for example are in queue but say only 1,000 people in WA are in a queue.

The next shipment that arrives into Fremantle, WA with 1,000 cars on it, do they just go to the WA people even if Victoria has people who have been waiting longer?
Because they're not specifically "built to order", there's effectively a different queue for each variant/colour/interior/wheels combination.

All cars come in through Port Kembla for all regions, so there isn't really a per-region queue, but if someone cancels their order in say WA once the car is already on its way, that's only going to be assigned to another WA order.

rtvanda, just wondered if your SA has an EDD for your order at their end?

Just to clarify. neither my account page nor my mobile app have ANY reference to EDD.
The consistent and unchanging entry since i ordered - "
Next Steps
We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account. Following this, a delivery representative will contact you to arrange final payment."
Just checked my account again anticipating one of those delay messages. After 14 weeks of no change in information as presented earliertoday, i just noticed a change: "
Next Steps
We are drafting up your invoice. Vehicle Registration and Final Payment are required prior to your delivery."

Should i get excited??
This is markedly different from posts by most others today.

Just checked my account again anticipating one of those delay messages. After 14 weeks of no change in information as presented earliertoday, i just noticed a change: "
Next Steps
We are drafting up your invoice. Vehicle Registration and Final Payment are required prior to your delivery."

Should i get excited??
USA site.
They get a different msg to us.
Check your region.

Sorry for the buzzkill…

Reactions: rtvanda
Not surprised about delays in delivery, things will get worse before they get better. It's out of anyones' control, so no point getting paranoid about delay communications nor upset at advisors.

The only thing that slightly concerns me is whether my RWD will be delivered by the deadline for the $3000 ZEV subsidy in Vic. It' s been extended to Dec 26 (order date March 1). If the ZEV subsidy gets extended again, that'd cover any further delays.... I'd hope!

Ironically I got a call the other day from Nissan about the new Z which I put a deposit on launch day August 2020, and cancelled later due to crappy customer service from Ringwood Nissan!

Not surprised about delays in delivery, things will get worse before they get better. It's out of anyones' control, so no point getting paranoid about delay communications nor upset at advisors.

The only thing that slightly concerns me is whether my RWD will be delivered by the deadline for the $3000 ZEV subsidy in Vic. It' s been extended to Dec 26 (order date March 1). If the ZEV subsidy gets extended again, that'd cover any further delays.... I'd hope!

Ironically I got a call the other day from Nissan about the new Z which I put a deposit on launch day August 2020, and cancelled later due to crappy customer service from Ringwood Nissan!
That's almost funny.

Well, how about this for an optimistic interpretation of the phone call and email I received. I expect they have thousands of orders ranging from Nov, 2021 through to May or later. Even if they had some useful information about delivery dates, working out the variable dates depending on the order dates would be a huge job. Contacting just the first batch of people getting deliveries would just generate a tsunami of phone calls from the people with later order dates. So the easy path is to tell everyone "2nd Half 2022" and that sets everyone's expectation low, then when some start to arrive there are some happy people and maybe they will have better information by then. I never thought Turandot was much of a chance (but it's kind of fun tracking and hoping), But Morning Clara still looks reasonable arriving 13/6 in Port Kembla, so by the time they unload, transport and prepare the cars, most probably fall into July ("3Q"). Morning Crystal would also meet an early "3Q" delivery. Maybe just unrealistic optimism, but better than the alternative. At least for those of us with 2021 order dates.

Next Steps

Should i get excited??
I have had this version as well and got very excited a few weeks ago. No VIN but, and am now back to original message.

Reactions: rtvanda
Well, how about this for an optimistic interpretation of the phone call and email I received. I expect they have thousands of orders ranging from Nov, 2021 through to May or later. Even if they had some useful information about delivery dates, working out the variable dates depending on the order dates would be a huge job. Contacting just the first batch of people getting deliveries would just generate a tsunami of phone calls from the people with later order dates. So the easy path is to tell everyone "2nd Half 2022" and that sets everyone's expectation low, then when some start to arrive there are some happy people and maybe they will have better information by then. I never thought Turandot was much of a chance (but it's kind of fun tracking and hoping), But Morning Clara still looks reasonable arriving 13/6 in Port Kembla, so by the time they unload, transport and prepare the cars, most probably fall into July ("3Q"). Morning Crystal would also meet an early "3Q" delivery. Maybe just unrealistic optimism, but better than the alternative. At least for those of us with 2021 order dates.
Like it!

It's not that much of a stretch - it would be impossible to keep up with every individual order, and I'd imagine the SA's are inundated with customer calls all the time asking when their car will arrive. Much easier for the SA's to make a generic comment and not raise expectations (otherwise they'd have to deal with angry customer phone calls when it falls through). Can't imagine that would be much fun.

According to the spreadsheet, there are only 2 of us waiting for red Performance Model 3s, both with black interior, in Australia. And looking further there are only 13 Performance in any colour. I hope we're not waiting for any kind of batch sized run.

I'd love to know how many are really waiting for an M3P in Australia.
Hi longtime lurker but thought I’d give my order details to see how many Performance config. may be waiting.
M3P White/White
O/D 26/3
Gold Coast
And never been contacted at all, not even a congrats when I ordered.

Reactions: Loxmyf