Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many, many new cars come with large diameter wheels ranging from 18" to 21". Heck, even a Camry SX has 19" wheels, KIA Sorento GT-Line has 20" wheels, Hyundai Sonata N-Line has 19" wheels, two of the Mazda 6 range have 19" wheels. It's not limited to a Tesla Model 3 LR problem, it's actually not a problem at all really - it's just something to consider.
Additionally - I really would be asking more questions on here and watching YouTube videos etc than expecting expert advice from SA's. Would be just your luck that you changed your order from 19" to 18" and your place in the queue reset to today :oops:
Hi Cammo,

Thanks for the reply, I had no idea so many cars came with wheel sizes this large by default. (Then again the last car I bought was back in 2009, so...)

Yeah, I didn't change my order - I decided to leave it intact with 19" wheels. ;)

Reactions: Cammo
The other day i read that there are around 7000 orders to be fulfilled to Australia. Don't know how far it is true.
Be more than that.
Q1 they did about 4500 cars (including a few that had slipped into April) and they were ordered when wait was under a quarter.
So id guess the Australian capacity is 4500-5000 per quarter. If you order today it's 9-12 months wait, meaning it could be 15000-20000 orders outstanding.

well said, my response also...

Hear, hear. Agreed. Let's not take it out on the SA, my fellows, they're only doing their jobs as best as they're able to with he information that's available to them. These delays are most likely getting them down too morale wise. Speaking of SAs, mine (from Parramatta) contacted me earlier today, and I pre-empted her with a 'Ahh yes, no deliveries for Q2 hopefully Q3!' that elicited a little laugh from her, bless her. Having placed my order on 10/02 I was also in the 14 - 20 Est. Delivery timeframe (actually it still says that on my app) but ohh well, it is what it is.

I do feel bad for those who are currently without a car - having thought that they'd get their Model 3s delivered on time, sorry to you guys. :(

For me, being fortunate enough to have a current ICE car to use I'll simply wait it out - it'll get here when it gets here and as some others have said, I'll get to save up more of a deposit and look at reducing the amount financed so that's a win/win.

All in all, thank you to all of you who have contributed to this forum/site, you guys have kept me (I'm sure along with many others) sane and grounded! Hoping to stick around for some time yet!

I was on the Polestar site last night, pricing up a car, and it lists end of November 22 for delivery. But who knows if this is accurate

Yeah, the Polestar (2?) looks pretty interesting! Tesla Tom (Ludicrous Feed on Youtube) did a test drive and review of a couple earlier this year I think - thanks Tesla Tom!

It's a pretty decent looking car in terms of looks and specs - but...for me personally, I wouldn't consider it over my current order, not even for a second. Still for those who need a good EV in a relatively short time, it looks to be a great candidate!

Although every time I look at the front grill...why am I reminded of this emoji: 😬😬😬

It's just me being silly though. 😂

Hear, hear. Agreed. Let's not take it out on the SA, my fellows, they're only doing their jobs as best as they're able to with he information that's available to them. These delays are most likely getting them down too morale wise. Speaking of SAs, mine (from Parramatta) contacted me earlier today, and I pre-empted her with a 'Ahh yes, no deliveries for Q2 hopefully Q3!' that elicited a little laugh from her, bless her. Having placed my order on 10/02 I was also in the 14 - 20 Est. Delivery timeframe (actually it still says that on my app) but ohh well, it is what it is.

I do feel bad for those who are currently without a car - having thought that they'd get their Model 3s delivered on time, sorry to you guys. :(

For me, being fortunate enough to have a current ICE car to use I'll simply wait it out - it'll get here when it gets here and as some others have said, I'll get to save up more of a deposit and look at reducing the amount financed so that's a win/win.

All in all, thank you to all of you who have contributed to this forum/site, you guys have kept me (I'm sure along with many others) sane and grounded! Hoping to stick around for some time yet!

Yeah, the Polestar (2?) looks pretty interesting! Tesla Tom (Ludicrous Feed on Youtube) did a test drive and review of a couple earlier this year I think - thanks Tesla Tom!

It's a pretty decent looking car in terms of looks and specs - but...for me personally, I wouldn't consider it over my current order, not even for a second. Still for those who need a good EV in a relatively short time, it looks to be a great candidate!

Although every time I look at the front grill...why am I reminded of this emoji: 😬😬😬

It's just me being silly though. 😂
Yeah. I looked at Polestar2 yesterday as well [must be a Sunday thing?], and was shocked to see the waitlist to November ["approximately"}. so why swap one long wait for another.

There's been much said about "no deliveries till second half of the year", yet there are cars [other blands, ..ooops, brands:)] being shipped, world wide.
Today I checked Don Juan presently in Auckland, possibly unloading Teslas, and nearby Leo Spirit unloading who knows what [Forklifts, maybe] from Japan.
It doesn't mean much, yet it tells me there are still MANY cars/vehicles coming this way. Approximately 5000 per ship load
For me, I remain hopeful - I've not had "that Call" just yet. Don Juan loaded at Shanghai on April 25, before unloading at Brisbane, with transshipping to Pt Kembla,and Melbourne.
Maybe some of us will get our Christmas [in July] wish.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
So, I called Tesla (for a different reason, but brought up the delay to try and see if they had any info) and they told me that they had some reservations that were delayed that they were contacting people about but that my reservation specifically didn't have any indication of a delay as yet which I assume means I wasn't on the list of people to call. I'm in the 5-7 month window.

So to me, that sounds like you're right and the people that were expecting cars in Q2 are the ones being called, but those that were already in Q3 aren't. I'd also suspect they have no idea if the existing Q3 orders are being pushed to Q4 or if they're going to try and make more cars for Aus to catch up.
Hi perkz!

I tried to apply mine when I ordered and they said they stopped the program in 2022
Ah unfortunate ☹ Yeah the official terms were that you had to order by the end of 2021, which helped convince me to finally make the purchase. Technically it was also supposed to only be eligible for cars delivered before end of March, but they told me at the time of ordering they'll still honour the program if I don't get the car in time due to logistics delays on their end. After all, I did order when the ETA was still 8-12 weeks.

Be more than that.
Q1 they did about 4500 cars (including a few that had slipped into April) and they were ordered when wait was under a quarter.
So id guess the Australian capacity is 4500-5000 per quarter. If you order today it's 9-12 months wait, meaning it could be 15000-20000 orders outstanding.
Ya totally makes sense ...hopefully they get to all the orders in Q3.