Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why did I have to miss the final lot by a few days? 😭 At least there's an EV rebate for WA now, makes the wait slightly more bearable.

But dayam, that 70 days Order to Delivery just before me!

1652842078306.png

Can completely understand @TSELA, and the thought has crossed my mind that this might end up be a never ending waiting game.
But I do wonder what other EVs are we are likely to get within a 12 month timeframe? Anyone any suggestions?
I did have my eye on a Kia EV6 before I was told I wouldn’t be able to get one until 2025.
Then (similar to what you stated) I figured Tesla was good bang for buck.
P.S. have no interest in a MG EV. 😬
Can completely understand @TSELA, and the thought has crossed my mind that this might end up be a never ending waiting game.
But I do wonder what other EVs are we are likely to get within a 12 month timeframe? Anyone any suggestions?
I did have my eye on a Kia EV6 before I was told I wouldn’t be able to get one until 2025.
Then (similar to what you stated) I figured Tesla was good bang for buck.
P.S. have no interest in a MG EV. 😬
Get BYD Atto 3 :) Timeframe is Sep-Oct. EVDirect.com.au | BYD Atto 3 - Electric Cars

I got "The Call" yesterday around 5pm, the guy I spoke to had another 21 to call after me (out of approx. 100). I told him I had been expecting the call due to hearing from others. He said he will let me know if there was any new info, but maybe I should keep him informed, as I may hear about it first :).
He did sound rather defeated and hesitant when he called, so I don't imagine people have been too kind at hearing the news.

apologies if this has been discussed before, there're quite a few new pages :) obviously there's a lot of interest at the moment. Do you think that these delays would affect the next batch of order (e.g. people like myself who are in the June - Sept bracket originally)? Would Tesla ramp up production and have a massive delivery in June - Sept, or do you think it will have a cascading effect where people that supposed to have their cars in Jun/Sept is now moved back, the Oct-Dec also moved back, etc.

Do you think that these delays would affect the next batch of order

In the past, I have heard that AU (and NZ I suspect) production is slated for the first week(s) of the quarter to enable shipping and delivery by the end of the quarter. This would mean that originally our cars were due to be built when the factory was closed.

IF this is the case, I expect an extended run of AU/NZ models at the beginning of next quarter provided they are able to book space on the ships that are due to sail mid - late July.

In the past, I have heard that AU (and NZ I suspect) production is slated for the first week(s) of the quarter to enable shipping and delivery by the end of the quarter. This would mean that originally our cars were due to be built when the factory was closed.

IF this is the case, I expect an extended run of AU/NZ models at the beginning of next quarter provided they are able to book space on the ships that are due to sail mid - late July.
Which could probably mean Aug-Sep to reach all capital cities.

I’m still awaiting a call / email / text.
I’ve reach out with an email and a text saying I know about the delays, and understand it’s not my SA fault. Just let me know or send me the email. The silence is deafening!

How many others are still to be contacted who were expecting a May/June delivery?

My OD was 26/1

I’m still awaiting a call / email / text.
I’ve reach out with an email and a text saying I know about the delays, and understand it’s not my SA fault. Just let me know or send me the email. The silence is deafening!

How many others are still to be contacted who were expecting a May/June delivery?

My OD was 26/1
I ordered 4/12 and haven't received email or phone call. Don't expect one either as they didn't contact me last time when they knew I wasn't going to hit the first timeline they put in (8-12 weeks).

Reactions: Modi