Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. But we have dates. We'd have further out dates if they'd have advanced further. Anway not going to argue about my feelings on this. I'm cranky. My skepticism is warranted. And they need to do better. Is this one of those Tesla chats where Tesla can do no wrong?
Not at all, there has been a lot of criticism here in the past pages, just at the moment things are heading in the right direction.

I can't speak for Teslas (yet) but the CX5 we have just picked up has this and it works fine. Garage is close to my study (they share a wall) and the spare key in there doesnt stop the auto lock when the driver walks away.

Can't imagine Tesla's will be any worse.
I have a cx-5 , it even locks the car while I am just on other side of the car. I think Tesla would be the same

• Funny
Reactions: illesornayr
I think its way more than that not everyone who ordered tesla M3 is in this forum so im guessing heaps.

The Model Y (spreadsheet) mostly from Whirlpool has quickly hit 150, but only probably 10-20 from this forum, so possibly the same number of TM3s actually produced.

More interesting question is what these VINs mean?
Recently Aus VINs have only been allocated once cars were on ships, whereas in the US it can signal production.

Given Tesla's history of wanting to minimise cars in inventory I think it's unlikely any are actually on the water.

Possibly China production for Aus/UK began on say 28 June (when China delivery by 30 June is no longer possible) and they've just done a better job with VIN allocation. Some cars may be completed before the 1 July power shutdown and rushed to the early ship. Others will remain partially completed and wait for reopening.

Reactions: Ormaus and Brando_o
The Model Y (spreadsheet) mostly from Whirlpool has quickly hit 150, but only probably 10-20 from this forum, so possibly the same number of TM3s actually produced.

More interesting question is what these VINs mean?
Recently Aus VINs have only been allocated once cars were on ships, whereas in the US it can signal production.

Given Tesla's history of wanting to minimise cars in inventory I think it's unlikely any are actually on the water.

Possibly China production for Aus/UK began on say 28 June (when China delivery by 30 June is no longer possible) and they've just done a better job with VIN allocation. Some cars may be completed before the 1 July power shutdown and rushed to the early ship. Others will remain partially completed and wait for reopening.
Last Wu Wa video on the 24th (
) seemed to show domestic production (black default colour, LHD) so anything could have happened since then.

Reportedly rate of production is about 5500 per week, which is about 785 per day. So we can plug that into the guesstimates.
With supposedly lots of VINs still to come in the next weeks not sure what that all means.

I'm with Shasla, poor communication is a feature of my dealings with Tesla to date. The SA I originally had has changed roles and I have not been assigned another so am in this weird nowhere land where comms from anyone who has a spare moment - or not. Just have to keep remembering it is only a car and that this is nearly the ultimate first world problem.
Anyhow had a quick look at the Teslike spready this morning and I now hold the position of the 3rd oldest RWD order in Australia. Yay!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 8.15.33 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 8.15.33 am.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: Ormaus
Quiet day for M3 VINs today - only added @MonsterRat who probably got the notification yesterday.

#UsernameOrder DateModelExteriorInteriorVIN Date
1​
MadFruit28/11/2021M3 LRBlackWhite28/06/2022
2​
o'leary2/12/2021M3 LR??28/06/2022
3​
Abraxas3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
4​
PipPup3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
5​
ShireSparkles4/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
6​