Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyhow had a quick look at the Teslike spready this morning and I now hold the position of the 3rd oldest RWD order in Australia. Yay!
Yeah comms are bad, and very inconsistent. Some got SA calls shortly after the order (like me), some have never had a SA call.

If the next batch of VINs released are similarly a 4 day spread then you'll be very soon indeed. Good luck to you.

Reactions: garylovesbeer
Well, unfortunately they don't have a PR department.
I am sure the media outlets want a PR department to deliver press releases designed to masquerade as column inches (dating myself a bit there).

I don't think customers want a PR department... they actually want a straight answer, not one designed to coddle shareholders. Unfortunately the only channel available to customers is the SA, and they are suffering from the same communication vacuum.

Reactions: Ormaus
There are a couple of things in all this. Firstly, no one outside Tesla deeply understands the process to which VINs are allocated. Breaking numbers down, counting this and that is not going to be effective in determining when your car will be allocated.

Secondly, we all know Tesla has been seriously affected by the global supply chain issues that are still very unpredictable and will be around for years to come.

Thirdly, no commitment to delivery dates is published for a reason and it’s been that way since Tesla started selling cars. And Australia is always the last in line for obvious reasons.

Everyone knows that you place your order and eventually your car will come and you’ll enjoy it. You’ll also feel the wait was worth it. I’ve been a Tesla customer since the first cars were produced and it’s always been a wait for cars.

I’d suggest that if you’re getting mad about a car delivery you would be best to chill for a while enjoy the community anticipation. Cars are being allocated and any time now you’ll probably have a VIN.

There are a couple of things in all this. Firstly, no one outside Tesla deeply understands the process to which VINs are allocated. Breaking numbers down, counting this and that is not going to be effective in determining when your car will be allocated.
True, but I like analysis and it can show patterns. But much like share trading, past performance is no guarantee of future movements. Patterns hold true for a while then deviate.

Cars are being allocated and any time now you’ll probably have a VIN.
And that is where our hope is :)

For vin allocation it looks like it's purely OD within your range, right? I think delivery date will be the only thing that varies based on location?
VIN allocation currently looks like its purely OD but that can change to whatever Arcane Art they really use at anytime. Fun watching for patterns though.
Even within a location there are DD variations, they only have limited capacity to detail the cars at each location.

Since the VIN Allocation started on 28/6 and continued on 29/6 as well, I did realise that both VIN allocations were made at around 12:30-1pm Sydney time.

I think I am confident that we might be seeing more allocations today around that time as well. Fingers crossed!

• Informative
There are a number of others that have mentioned being December dates but they arent on the tracking spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1)
Hey everyone. Could you please ensure that you have added your order details to the tracker spreadsheet, and update it when you get a VIN? We would all really appreciate it, so we can gauge Tesla's progress in handing out cars, and estimate our own ☺️.

For extra points, add your signature, like mine below, to your account here, so we can see on each post what and when you ordered. It gives very helpful context to all of these conversations.

Was originally 2.99% but that was almost 3 months ago and I’m on the verge of having to renew the application so I assume it’s going to go up to 3.99%
Yes, every one increased the interest rates. Good to go know plenti is still providing it for 3.99% but their website is showing the rate around 6%. Did they confirm 3.99% recently ?

I thought only Macquarie is providing 3.99% (the cheapest in the market I guess) at the moment, even pepper interest rate is 4.99%

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, we all know Tesla has been seriously affected by the global supply chain issues that are still very unpredictable and will be around for years to come.

Thirdly, no commitment to delivery dates is published for a reason and it’s been that way since Tesla started selling cars. And Australia is always the last in line for obvious reasons.

Everyone knows that you place your order and eventually your car will come and you’ll enjoy it. You’ll also feel the wait was worth it. I’ve been a Tesla customer since the first cars were produced and it’s always been a wait for cars.

I’d suggest that if you’re getting mad about a car delivery you would be best to chill for a while enjoy the community anticipation. Cars are being allocated and any time now you’ll probably have a VIN.
🤣 Actual meltdown over people being cranky? Id be surprised if you don't work for Tesla. Pull your head in mate.

• Disagree