Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So who with a VIN and a delivery date of ~8th to ~18th Aug has an actual invoice?

Thought I saw some mention an invoice, but I've not got one yet, which feels a bit weird.

I'm totally still 80% expecting something to cause me to miss out this quarter. My faith in Tesla remains low. I'm very much in the "I'll believe it when I'm in it" realm.
I've got a VIN and final invoice, but no delivery date.🤔

I can understand feeling a little cheesed off about MY getting prioritisation more so than M3, but if we're honest we kinda got warning this was going to happen.

Doesnt mean M3s are getting less love than they got before, but maybe for a while MY will have some extra Elon provided capacity.
But, wait, has LR purchasers been waiting for so long at the same time last year? Probably not? Something must be different between last year and this year correct (resource, labour, parts etc)? My question would be why the Y owners were able to get their VINs allocated within 20 days after they pay the deposit? Are they not affected by these caveats?

Finger crossed at 12:30 pm tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: Ormaus
I can understand feeling a little cheesed off about MY getting prioritisation more so than M3, but if we're honest we kinda got warning this was going to happen.

Doesnt mean M3s are getting less love than they got before, but maybe for a while MY will have some extra Elon provided capacity.
This from the guy who probably has at his fingertips the best metrics in the world. I'm call bs Elon.

But, wait, has LR purchasers been waiting for so long at the same time last year? Probably not? Something must be different between last year and this year correct (resource, labour, parts etc)? My question would be why the Y owners were able to get their VINs allocated within 20 days after they pay the deposit? Are they not affected by these caveats?
Smaller production run? Maybe they batch it for the efficiency and that is also why Ps are taking a while to pop out?

🤷‍♂️

That is also why Ps are taking a while to pooop out? :eek:

I don't know man, people in my WeChat group have been saying because the M3s were sold too cheap therefore they did not want to materialise them (or materialise them all at once)
I think Tesla would just do a Kia and bump the prices if this is the case - triggering the cheaper orders to cancel or agree to pay more. Just waiting and not delivering many/any Ps would lose them a lot more revenue surely.

I think Tesla would just do a Kia and bump the prices if this is the case - triggering the cheaper orders to cancel or agree to pay more. Just waiting and not delivering many/any Ps would lose them a lot more revenue surely.
I don't think they could, see this in my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement

"Prices are subject to change without notice and are not confirmed until you place your order and accept the terms and conditions of the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement."

In plain English, prices are not subject to change and are confirmed after placing your order and accept the terms and conditions.

That is also why Ps are taking a while to pooop out? :eek:

I don't know man, people in my WeChat group have been saying because the M3s were sold too cheap therefore they did not want to materialise them (or materialise them all at once)
Aka they want us to get the shits and cancel our orders because demand isn't a problem for them? They have 1000 people wanting a Tesla for every one of our orders cancelled.

If true, we may need some consumer advocacy at some point if their intention is to accept $350 and intentionally not come to the table. Which is basically what consumer advocacy was invented for. Just saying.

To those about to get all defensive of Tesla, i agree the car is not what we paid for with an order. But we paid $350 to be matched to a car (a service for which they provided a timeframe) and they have not provided that service.

Frankly, them being so late that economic conditions made the initial price unfavourable to them is their problem for a) taking so long or b) failing at projecting what their production capacity would be or c) not setting the right price.

I guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

Reactions: PcS000
Aka they want us to get the shits and cancel our orders because demand isn't a problem for them? They have 1000 people wanting a Tesla for every one of our orders cancelled.

If true, we may need some consumer advocacy at some point if their intention is to accept $350 and intentionally not come to the table. Which is basically what consumer advocacy was invented for. Just saying.

To those about to get all defensive of Tesla, i agree the car is not what we paid for with an order. But we paid $350 to be matched to a car (a service for which they provided a timeframe) and they have not provided that service.

Frankly, them being so late that economic conditions made the initial price unfavourable to them is their problem for a) taking so long or b) failing at projecting what their production capacity would be or c) not setting the right price.

I guess we will find out in the coming weeks.
Don't take my word for it. I was just quoting what my friends in the WeChat group was saying.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood