Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[Meanwhile in Tesla land...]
Management: Change the delivery wording slightly to see how they react.
Developer: But we just changed the isNotMatchedToRa00Vin flag to false
Management: But they have stopped speculating on what that means already.
Developer: Sure sure, how about we change the delivery location for a few days next time. That will really get some reactions. Delivery Location: Outer Mongolia!
Management: Just do the change...

[Meanwhile in Tesla land...]
Management: Change the delivery wording slightly to see how they react.
Developer: But we just changed the isNotMatchedToRa00Vin flag to false
Management: But they have stopped speculating on what that means already.
Developer: Sure sure, how about we change the delivery location for a few days next time. That will really get some reactions. Delivery Location: Outer Mongolia!
Management: Just do the change...
Except the wording change is usually not triggered by developers but by the marketing/operations department.

Ok, so maybe I have been on here too long and have gotten WAYYYY to deep into finding the meaning in things on my Tesla account page on pc but I am 99% sure they changed the language under the little section: Estimated delivery (Dont worry I was on the AU site every time)

I posted this a few weeks ago and copy and pasted it from my account:

Australian Model 3 Waiting Room

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Now it reads:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
i got this too!

Ok, so maybe I have been on here too long and have gotten WAYYYY to deep into finding the meaning in things on my Tesla account page on pc but I am 99% sure they changed the language under the little section: Estimated delivery (Dont worry I was on the AU site every time)

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Now it reads:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
I do like the sentiment in the new message.

It will update.
I note that its not if, but when.

Now where are those videos...

Now it reads:

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN
Liter

Now it reads:

Literally i checked it at 12 and it said delivery will be based on time and date of order and i just checked now and it has changed to based on configuration availability. I guess we are close ordered 20.2.for reference

Just to change our focus and maybe allow time to pass and VINs arrive...
The "Order Fee" (deposit) we paid way back when.... am I right in saying this amount does not show as a "credit" paid by the customers, but an outright fee. In other words, the "deposit" we paid does not come off the price of the vehicle at settlement.

Just to change our focus and maybe allow time to pass and VINs arrive...
The "Order Fee" (deposit) we paid way back when.... am I right in saying this amount does not show as a "credit" paid by the customers, but an outright fee. In other words, the "deposit" we paid does not come off the price of the vehicle at settlement.
It is a fee that is on our overall schedule but that part is paid already

Ok had 2 text messages now from Telsa, a day apart:
1. To inform me my final invoice is ready to pay
2. Sign registration documents

Frustrating thing is...these texts are not for me and it's an admin error for another customer. Said no guarantee I wouldn't receive more text non associated to my order! Are they taking the P1ss?